Twilight Zone or Outer Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sci Fi channel is running (as per usual holiday practice) their Twilight Zone marathon. I personally prefer the Outer Limits.

And in light of this weekend's computer ghost - what's your favorite?

the Twilight Zone or the Outer Limits ??

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Twilight Zone. The Outer Limits had some very good moments and some solid writing, but how can you beat "Time Enough to Last" or "Eye of the Beholder" or "Nightmare at 30,000 Feet?"

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well I admit, Time Enough to Last is definitely a classic favorite !

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
MidnightMuse said:
Well I admit, Time Enough to Last is definitely a classic favorite !

It drives me nuts, because I know what's going to happen to poor Henry Beamus! And every time it happens! It breaks my heart....but I keep watching it, every time it's on.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I bought a special pair of glasses just for that episode.

groucho_nose_glasses_02.jpg

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Twilight Zone.

Where I feel right at home.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
The writing on the Twilight Zone inevitably always makes me either get up and go write something....or sit around in a funk all night, because I can never be that good. Fortunately, it's usually the former rather than the latter.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
T Zone. The pessimistic eps like "The Monsters Are Due on Maples Street" completely reflect my view on humanity...

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
The writing on the Twilight Zone inevitably always makes me either get up and go write something....or sit around in a funk all night, because I can never be that good. Fortunately, it's usually the former rather than the latter.
Have you ever seen the PBS American Masters special on Rod Serling? I have a tape of it and ever so often I watch it. It never fails to inspire me.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Jcomp said:
T Zone. The pessimistic eps like "The Monsters Are Due on Maples Street" completely reflect my view on humanity...
Well it's true, isn't it?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
The only down side to the Twilight Zone is that Shatner appeared in that one episode. Still, it was a good episode. THAT says something...
Terror at 50,000 Feet, or something like that. Was that before he learned to over-act? Of maybe he just fit the part.

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
Shatner was in more than one episode of Twilight Zone.

I choose Twilight Zone. I remember staying up late and watching it on my little 13 inch b/w television my dad got me when I was 12. Totally freaked me out because the channel Twilight Zone came on was the only channel that worked on my TV. So I thought they really in control. I had that horizontal and vertical thing on the TV too.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
T-Zone, for sure. Man, I was weaned on that stuff. Of course, even before that was Science Fiction Theater (ya'll to young to remember that).

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Jcomp said:

You would like the Twilight Zone. Your avatar could be an entire episode of it...

Anyhow, I too prefer the Zone. I used to watch it late night with my dad all the time when I was little. Nothing like a little father/daughter bonding over creepy sci-fi television! I tried the Outter Limits, but it didn't captivate me.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Haggis said:
T-Zone, for sure. Man, I was weaned on that stuff. Of course, even before that was Science Fiction Theater (ya'll to young to remember that).

Am not!

Both Twilight Zone and Outer Limits were better than Ray Bradbury Theater which should have been good, but wasn't.

Honestly, it's usually a toss up, for me, between Twilight Zone and Night Gallery, with Outer limits coming in third.

I love reading about Rod Serling. The man was astonishing.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
Am not!

Both Twilight Zone and Outer Limits were better than Ray Bradbury Theater which should have been good, but wasn't.

Honestly, it's usually a toss up, for me, between Twilight Zone and Night Gallery, with Outer limits coming in third.

I love reading about Rod Serling. The man was astonishing.

Great voice too. That stuff could have gone over on radio. In fact, some episodes have been redone for radio with, I think, Stacy Keach as host. I've downloaded some of them through Audiobooks.com.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Haggis said:
Great voice too. That stuff could have gone over on radio. In fact, some episodes have been redone for radio with, I think, Stacy Keach as host. I've downloaded some of them through Audiobooks.com.

Rod Serling did this radio ad for a writer's seminar. It's really funny, because he does it in his Twilight Zone voice. "Do you or someone you know want to be a writer? Well, Mister Henry Beamus wants to read what you've written in....The Twilight Zone."

(that's not what it said. That would have been so cool.)

Status
Not open for further replies.