What Superhero has the Best Rogues Gallery?

What Superhero has the Best Rogues Gallery?

• Batman

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Spider-Man

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Flash

• Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fantastic Four/Avengers

• Thor

• X-Men/New Mutants

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Justice League

• Other

• Total voters

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure where this should go, so move it as needed. Superheroes are everywhere these days: comics, cartoons, tv, movies; and they brought their villains with them. Ever since the Batman 66 TV show, supervillains have really grabbed the public consciousness. Some heroes have better groups of villains than others. Hence, this full little poll. Who's got the best group of villains? You decide. I've included the heroes generally considered as having the best rogues, with the option for Other. Please post about the ones I missed, or to expand on your vote. Here comes the poll:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some Notable Batman Villains: Joker, Bane, Catwoman, Riddler, Penguin, Two-Face, Mr. Freeze, Ras Al Ghul, etc.

Some Notable Spider-Man Villains: Green Goblin, Doc Oc, Mysterio, Shocker, the Lizard, Scorpion, Rhino, Kraven the Hunter, etc.

Some Notable Flash Villains: Captain Cold, Reverse Flash, Gorilla Grodd, Weather Wizard, Mirror Master, the Trickster, Glider, Abra-Kadabra, etc.

Some Notable Superman Villains: Lex Luther, Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, Bizarro, General Zod, etc.

Some Notable FF/Avengers Villains: Doctor Doom, Galactus, Kang the Conqueror, Thanos, Ultron, Annihilus, Loki, the Beyonder

Some Notable Thor Villains: Loki, Destroyer, Hela, the Enchantress, the Absorbing Man, Frost Giants, Fire Giants, etc.

Some Notable X-Man/New Mutant villains: Magneto, Apocalypse, Emma Frost, Mr. Sinister, Juggernaut, Sentinels, etc.

Some Notable Justice League villains: Legion of Doom/Injustice League, Starro, Amazo, Darkseid, Brainiac, the Anti-Monitor, Vandal Savage, etc.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
X-Men. The only rogues gallery where one series you can have a villain with realistic and nuanced motivations that mirror fractures in our own society, and the next one you have a weird, hammy space villain in a codpiece. Hard call, but I'll stand by it.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Spiderman's are the most scary and as picturesque as Batman's. I vote for them.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just watched the Gotham series finale (4/25), and I gotta say Batman - But then again, I've been a Batman fan since I was 10, and I'm 66 now, so there's that. :)

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I voted Batman, bc like Lavern I've been a fan for a long, long time. I mean c'mon, Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, nuff said.

Arrow isn't part of the poll, but I also think the League of Assassins is a lot of fun.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I'm a die-hard Marvel fangirl, but as far as the rogues gallery, hands down it's Batman who wins. Batman himself is such a dark and brooding character that he has to have a RG that's filled with foils to that. They have so much personality and often humor to counter him. Spidey is a close second though.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Maggie just said everything I was going to. Much as I love Spidey and his bad guys, it's Batman all the way. It's tough to top the Joker, because he's unrepentantly nuts. Come to think of it, so is Batman. :)

Now: who wants to see Joker square off against Thanos, armed with a joy buzzer and a squirting boutonniere? And a good chance of winning? Show of hands?

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The temptation to say Batman has the best Rouges Gallery is immense. The Joker. Bane. Ra's Al-Ghul. Catwoman. The Riddler. Clayface and on and on and on. But I'm going to resist that temptation because most of Batman's bad guys have no super powers. Even Bane was at most a very smart and very 'roided out wrestler.

Spider-Man wins the competition. The Green Goblin. Doc Ock. The Scorpion. Sandman. Kraven the Hunter. The Lizard. The Rhino. The Shocker. The Black Cat. The Vulture. Electro. The Sinister Six. The Kingpin. Venom. Carnage. Morlun. Morbius. Hobgoblin. Doctor Doom. J. Jonah Jameson (okay, he's not a rogue, but he hates Spidey's stinkin' guts as much as any rogue!).

Plus, Spidey has taken on The Juggernaut. And lost. And Thanos. And ran away. Batman beat Darkseid with his special Bat-suit. He could have called on his Bat-Family of multiple Robins, Batgirls, Catwoman, Azarel, Bat-Wing, Alfred, Lucius Fox, Commissioner Gordon and of course Superman and the rest of the Justice League. Spidey doesn't have special Spider-suits or teenage wards. He doesn't even have a utility belt!

Spidey for the win.

Last edited:

pharm

profoundly de minimis
Registered
Reaction score
Batman most consistently, with Spider-Man coming in at a close second. Spidey villains have a tendency to be way more interesting on screen then they were in comics when I was growing up (e.g. Willem Defoe’s Goblin, Alfred Molina’s Doc Ock, Michael Keaton’s Vulture).

EvilPenguin

Registered
Reaction score
This was really tough for me. My first reaction was The Flash. I really enjoy his rogue's gallery, as there's some silly villains like the Trickster, and it feels like a lot of his rogue's aren't really the end of the world, doom and gloom type. I also like that a lot of them end up having deep respect for the Flash at some point and tend to work with him on occasion.

But, as much as I personally like The Flash rogues, Batman's rogue gallery really is the best. His rogues are so recognizable and, IMO, his villains are a lot more interesting and engaging than Batman himself. I don't read a Batman comic or watch a Batman movie/show for Batman. I read or watch them for his villains.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
I kinda gotta stan for the Fantastic Four here. You got Doom (Greatest villain ever), Galactus, Annihilus, Kang, Terrax (underated), etc, etc. Even if they aren't all invented by Kirby, they're probably the rogue's gallery most inspired by him.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I voted Batman, bc like Lavern I've been a fan for a long, long time. I mean c'mon, Eartha Kitt as Catwoman, nuff said.

Arrow isn't part of the poll, but I also think the League of Assassins is a lot of fun.

Ras al Ghul and the League of Assassins are actually Batman villains borrowed by Arrow.