• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

HarperCollins 360 / Harper360

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, Harper360 Global Publishing (in lieu of just selling the territorial sub-rights to a local publisher) ... does anyone have any concrete experience with/about them?

At worst I think they may be a POD arm to get books into the US market (or vice versa). Imprint mates would include cookbooks, self help and odd religious tracts so there’s no coherent style, which may be an issue.

Last edited:

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
It looks like it was originally and an arm of HC specifically designed to get books into the UK market. A news story from 2014 about it is here:

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/360-publishing-harpercollins

HarperCollins 360 selects and publishes English-language titles originally published in the US, New Zealand and Australia. It also aims to include Indian and Canadian titles in the next 18 months.

It seems that it also goes the other way, too. Bringing UK titles (and titles from other English speaking markets) to the US. They seem to be able to get book onto the USA Today list, judging by their Facebook page. It doesn't look like POD, to me, but I have no concrete proof one way or another.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
If you have an agent, this is exactly the kind of question they can answer and should field. If you're negotiating directly with HC, you could ask them. If you've signed, ask your editor or PR person.