Check it out! New romance lines from NCP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Just spotted this on another list, so I thought I'd mention it over here. Yes, they'll be added to the overall sticky list. But notice--they're looking for SHORT STORIES in a new line! :hooray:

Get those manuscripts polished, ladies & gents! Good luck!

New opportunities for authors (Permission to post)

We have many new projects we're working on throughout this year and the next, and we're very excited about these themes. These lines/series are open to all authors, so please spread the word to any writing groups you're on or to your writing friends.
Also, please be sure to include the series title in the Subject
header of your submission.

Kinetic Series—Releasing November 2006

The theme for this series is psychic powers. Examples include, but
are not limited to psychokinesis, pyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, and
other superhuman powers. Let your imagination run wild! Stories
should be between 10,000 and 35,000 words, but longer novels will be considered. Genres can be historical, fantasy, futuristic, or
paranormal/contemporary and can be in any locale or setting. Spicy or erotic sensuality is preferred. Current NCP authors can submit a detailed synopsis and 5-10k words. Non-NCP authors must submit full manuscript. Stories should be turned in for consideration no later than the end of July 2006.
Send to submissions@ newconceptspublishing.com (no space)

Harmony™ Line—Ongoing release dates

We are actively acquiring high quality, original interracial and
multiracial romances for this line. This line is widely advertised
in print media and heavily promoted wherever opportunities arise.
Romance genres we are most interested in are paranormal, futuristic, fantasy, and historical—spicy or erotic are preferred. Straight contemporary romances are rarely accepted for this line. Novels should be at least 70,000 words but novellas will be considered for anthologies. Current NCP authors can submit a detailed synopsis and 10-15k words. Non-NCP authors must submit full manuscript. More information about this line can be found on our website: http://www.newconceptspublishing.com...guidelines.htm
(We've had requests for more Domination/Captive themes for this line, but are not limited to this theme alone.)

The Brood—Releasing February 2007

The theme for this series is animal shifter clans, either of earthly
origin or of the fantasy variety. (Please, no bestiality themes)
Examples include, but are not limited to wolf, lion, bear, dragon,
griffin, swan, etc. Stories should be between 10,000 and 35,000
words, but longer novels will be considered. Romance genres can be historical, fantasy, futuristic, or paranormal/contemporary, in any locale or setting and use any plot device, as long as shifting is
used within the story. Spicy or erotic sensuality is preferred.
Current NCP authors can submit a detailed synopsis and 5-10k words. Non-NCP authors must submit full manuscript. Completed stories should be turned in for consideration no later than the end of October 2006.

Enchanted—Releasing May 2007

The theme for this series is magical enchantments and curses.
Examples include but are not limited to retellings of fairytales
like Beauty and the Beast, Rose Red, Sleeping Beauty, etc. Stories should be between 10,000 and 35,000 words, but longer novels will be considered. Romance genres can be historical, fantasy, futuristic, paranormal, or contemporary, in any locale or setting and use any plot device, as long as the theme is used within the story. Spicy or erotic sensuality is preferred. Current NCP authors can submit a detailed synopsis and 5-10k words. Non-NCP authors must submit full manuscript. Completed stories should be turned in for consideration no later than the end of December 2006.

Inferno—Releasing August 2007

Theme is summer and heat. These stories should be VERY SEXY and should include high sexual tension. Stories should be between
10,000 and 35,000 words. Romance genres can be historical, fantasy, futuristic, paranormal, contemporary, in any locale or setting. Spicy or erotic sensuality is preferred. Current NCP authors can submit a detailed synopsis and 5-10k words. Non-NCP authors must submit full manuscript. Completed stories should be turned in for consideration no later than the end of April 2007. Send to submissions@ newconceptspublishing.com (no space)

Sincerely,
Andrea DePasture
New Concepts Publishing
www.newconceptspublishing.com

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I have been browser epublishers recently and find most of them have a short story line, Freyas Bower, Cobblestone, Chippewa, even Elloras cave (which puts it's anthologies in print!)

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
NCP does both, but since it doesn't say for certain, I don't want to speculate. I'd email and ask if you're curious. I presume it will depend on the line... :Shrug:

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Drat. I was interested until you confirmed it was ebooks and pay to publish. (Never, ever goin' there!)

Thanks for checking on that for everyone!

When people ask where to buy my books I like to point at a bookstore, not hand them a web address.

*sigh* :Shrug:

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
Not anymore, veinglory. NCP has started to distribute some of their books to Borders/Waldens/BAMM and printing offset press runs. I know several authors with NCP and they didn't pay for it to appear in trade format on the national shelves. But it DOES depend on whether the distributor selects it out of the catalogue. In other words, the author won't know whether it'll show up as ebook or trade paperback until very close to release.

Still, this publisher does seem to be working very hard to make the transition to print--much as EC did a year ago. They're advertising in multiple magazines every month and getting distribution contracts. But as always, much depends on whether the public likes the books offered. It is a bit of a risk, but with short stories or novellas, that's always the case. There just aren't that many spots for the number of stories written every year.

Josie

Registered
Reaction score
Just heard some news about NCP!

Andrea de Pasture (pardon my spelling) one of the Senior Editors, is going on Medical Leave until the end of August. She will be working a few hours a week, but I'd imagine that is on editing on present novels on hand.
She apologizes for any delays, and that she is not ignoring anyone. Too bad.

:hi:

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Two of my very first romances were published by NCP, I think they are awesome!

I went into a local Borders store this weekend and found many NCP paperbacks in the romance aisle! Even the older titles. I was so impressed to see these on the shelves!!! (there were some Ellora's Cave paperbacks too)

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Gillhoughly said:
Drat. I was interested until you confirmed it was ebooks and pay to publish. (Never, ever goin' there!)

Just to confirm--- I paid nothing to have my 2 romances published there! the first started as an ebook and went into print a year later, the second, part of the "Shifters" anthology, went directly into trade paperback. NCP has never charged their authors--they pay them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.