Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
The Absolute Write Logo Contest has begun, and is open to amateur and professional graphic designers.

Deadline: July 25, 2006

The logo must work with the color scheme already in place on our main site (http://www.absolutewrite.com), which is red, white, pale yellow, and blue.

Not a "rule," but a suggestion: avoid the typical writer imagery (typewriter, pencil, inkpot, quill pen, etc.); we're looking for something more memorable. Maybe even a mascot type of logo.

Can't be too full of detail because we'll need to shrink it down to different sizes for banners, buttons, etc.

No stealing copyrighted images, of course.

The winner gets...

* $50 (by PayPal, check, or Amazon gift certificate, winner's choice)

* A free lifetime subscription to the Absolute Markets Premium Edition (www.absolutemarkets.com)

* A free CafePress item of the winner's choice with the winning logo on it, donated by Dawn O'Bryan

* A copy of What Fish Don't Want You To Know by Frank Baron

* A book from Nomad Press's catalogue

* A copy of Stories of Strength, donated by Lisa Abbate of Word Mountain

* An e-book by Emily Veinglory

We'd need the right to use the logo in all in any way we choose (on the site, on items in the Cafe Press store, etc.), and would need you to supply the image in different resolutions so we could do that (printed items need large, high-resolution graphics, whereas on the web, we need smaller, low-res graphics).

The winner will be announced by July 30.

Enter as many times as you like. Just post your entry in the entry thread: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34134

Please use this thread for questions and discussion of the entries.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Hey, my last question wasn't answered, was it?? If I (or any other youngster (har har, I called you youngsters (and there's nothing you can do about it))) win, wouldn't it be illegal for me (or us, whatever) to get Veinglory's erotica??

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
You have a point. ;) We'd find a substitute prize. Or, right, we'll change all the naughty words to things like "roller skates" and "teddy bear."

TeddyG

The Other Shoe Will Fall!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.virginisrael.com
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
JENNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!

(Since I came up with this sneaky suggestion, I think I deserve a prize. And this is what I want. I want to know exactly what the parrots do in the corner in the mod squad room when they think no one is looking. I also want a complete video of the next "monopoly" game that goes on in there, with rights to post on the net. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD finally I want 10 minutes alone with ummmmmmmm.....forget that one...!)

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
From a designer's point of view, there's tons of good stuff up there. But I gotta say, the ones tsepriand just posted are pretty outstanding. Not as good as the frog, *cough*, but still... good stuff.

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Ah, why did my mind have to get stuck on the one idea. (I had to get it out of my head.) That was all I had time to complete. I thought I would have more time, but oh well. Good luck everyone. There are some great entries!

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
What happened to my entry? Was it voted off or what? I just noticed that there was a take two entry thread. Was I supposed to have re-posted it? I have obviously missed something.

psy7ven

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
psy7ven said:
What happened to my entry? Was it voted off or what? I just noticed that there was a take two entry thread. Was I supposed to have re-posted it? I have obviously missed something.

psy7ven

Yes, Darling, you had to re-enter it. Sorry you missed the memo.

I think it's been up there for 2 weeks.

edit- My post sounds kind of snotty to me, but I mean it in a good way.

Last edited:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Psy, yes, when the board crashed and we lost all the posts after May 23, the first thread got eaten. Please go ahead and repost-- I haven't started the judging process yet.

P.S. Jean: by July 30.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
DamaNegra said:
Hey, my last question wasn't answered, was it?? If I (or any other youngster (har har, I called you youngsters (and there's nothing you can do about it))) win, wouldn't it be illegal for me (or us, whatever) to get Veinglory's erotica??

If you are prepared to wait a while I can send you a copy of my upcoming (non-erotic) novel instead :) -- as a bonus it's a physical paperback.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Hi writerterri! :)

Your post did not sound snotty at all. :D I probably didn't see it because I likely had my head up my butt during that time or something LOL

To JennaGlatzer

Thank you Jenna. :LilLove:

psy7ven

Status
Not open for further replies.