Woman publishes her first novel at 95

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
As someone who published her first novel at 51? I'm glad she's happy about it, but it kind of makes me sad.

(Also, when I think of all the self-published authors who'd love to have a fraction of the publicity this article offers...still sad.)

Curlz

cutsie-pie
Registered
Reaction score
It's a greatly motivational story. It's never too late to do what you want to do, you're never past your prime etc. Quite often people think they've missed the bus on something and just give up and this is exactly the type of story that could put them back on track. There's no "well, what's the point" argument. The lady wanted to write a novel and did it. It was self-pubbed and she got a copy in her hands. She even got a book-signing event at her retirement home. It's an immense satisfaction. It's 806 pages of hard work and perseverance that got a lot of respect. She made a record and got on the national news, and probably lots of fans already. It's a success story worth a celebration.

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
Inspirational, indeed! <3 This means that it is never too late. Some people say that only younger writers are sought, in order to have a lifetime of books ahead. I am glad she is the proof it is not true. (Also, what about the people who have only 1-2 books inside them? Young or old, they still don't have a lifetime of books ahead).

It is also worth considering that some writers who are famous for several decades/ 1-2 centuries have won only posthumous fame. (Or some writers' books were published only after their death, but they were so good that it made them famous). Anyone can be a good writer, if having talent, no matter how old/ how many books writing/ when published.

Auteur

Redacted
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad for that woman. She's still sharp at the age of 95... and doing book signings! That's great!

I'm going to publish my first novel at the age of 61... that is, if I can get it done before November. :)

Last edited:

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad for that woman. She's still sharp at the age of 95... and doing book signings! That's great!

I'm going to publish my first novel at the age of 61... that is, if I can get it done before November. :)

It's nice to see and hear about stories like hers and yours. Sometimes we don't find our biggest successes until late in life. Colonel Sanders never cooked chicken until he was in his late 60s.