PDA

View Full Version : Can You Sell Author Copies of KDP Paperbacks in Canada?

lindsayshayne78
03-20-2019, 12:19 AM
Hello, we have a community farmer's market that has tables for artisans to sell their wares. I was wondering if it is possible to order a box of author copies of my book from KDP and sell it at the market for profit? Does this violate any trade rules, or business rules? I operate as a sole proprietor and claim my expenses and earnings from my novel on my income tax. Would I be required to get a GST number? I've tried researching this online, but I can't seem to get any clear answers. Thanks!

SWest
03-20-2019, 03:50 PM
These are the kinds of specific legal questions that should be referred to your local authority (township clerk, etc.).

The internet (including chat sites like AW) are not an adequate replacement for first-hand information.

If you need to file forms, the local folks will have them and walk you through everything.

lindsayshayne78
03-20-2019, 05:47 PM
I own my own business, do my own accounting and taxes for the sale of my novel. I figured there must be a Canadian out there somewhere who has sold their createspace works as physical copies outside of KDP. Thanks for your time.