Cobra Kai Season 2

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
The trailer for season 2 is now out. New season starts in April. Anyone else excited? This show is fantastic!

GoSpeed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rjacques.net
I wasn't really a big fan of the Karate Kid movies to begin with, but I gottta tell you, what the writers and actors have done with Cobra Kai is pure magic. They captured the spirit of the movies and transported them 30 years into the future. The characters act, look and sound like they've lived full lives in those decades. This series is pure gold!

(I'm rooting for Johnny this time!)

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Johnny is a lot easier to root for now, at least in season one. They flipped the roles, now Johnny is the underdog and Daniel is the rich guy.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Finished the second season. Another good run, though not as strong IMO as season one. It's still a terrific show and I hope it runs for many years. I think we will definitely see at least a third season. I can see it going five. I hope it goes seven or more. Anyone who is a Karate Kid fan and hasn't seen the show needs to check it out. The first two episodes of the series are free on YouTube. If you want to watch more you will have to sign up.

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
Also finished it. Not as good as the first one, but still good. I think some of that is due to the finale. It wasn't building towards an event. It got weird ...

I don't think I've ever actually seen Karate Kid in its entirety. Maybe as a kid. I've seen a enough to get invested in the show though.

RookieWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Also finished it. Not as good as the first one, but still good. I think some of that is due to the finale. It wasn't building towards an event. It got weird ...

I don't think I've ever actually seen Karate Kid in its entirety. Maybe as a kid. I've seen a enough to get invested in the show though.

Agreed. The final episode got a bit absurd for a while. Though it still left us with a solid cliffhanger for next season. I strongly recommend the Karate Kid movies. It will make Cobra Kai even more enjoyable. If nothing else the references and call backs will be easier to spot.