PDA

View Full Version : Using both KDP Print and Ingram-Spark

CathleenT
02-17-2019, 11:41 PM
I thought this was an interesting article: https://selfpublishingadvice.org/kdp-print-ingram-spark-paperbacks/. It's from ALLi, a source I trust, although apparently you don't have to join them to get free access to Ingram if you pay attention to deals when they pop up. Right now (according to info on another forum--I haven't done this myself yet), you can get the 49 bucks waved by using the code NANO through the end of March.

These things pop up a few times a year on a regular basis. The last thing I need is to pay a hundred dollars a year for yet another indispensible SP service. Owning your own name(s) online, covers, maintaining a commercial email account, BookFunnel, my ongoing email promotion with Voracious Readers--it all adds up. I have yet to clear that financial hurdle, so I'm wary of adding more expenses.

If someone else out there is an ALLi member and thinks it pays for itself, though, I'd be happy to hear about it. Anyway, I hope this is helpful. :)

Devil Ledbetter
02-18-2019, 06:04 PM
My latest book is published through IS (print), KDP (print & digital) and D2D (digital).

Marissa D
02-18-2019, 10:07 PM
Also, it's possible to upload print to KDP and publish through them, then transfer to IngramSpark for Expanded Distribution. That doesn't incur the $49 charge for uploading direct to IS; there's a form you have to fill out for IS, but it's not onerous.