PDA

View Full Version : Two requests? What's protocol?

Popeyesays
05-23-2006, 08:48 PM
I got two requests from agencies today!!!
One for a full manuscript (Southern Literary Group)
One for a partial (Baker's Mark)

What's proper behavior at this point? Neither asked for an exclusive as yet.
Should I send the full and wait on the partial? Should I send both since there is no request for exclusivity? I am wondering. (I am also pumped.)

Regards,
Scott

Valona
05-23-2006, 09:31 PM
In my opinion, if neither have asked for exclusivity, send the requested material to both. You owe them nothing at this point, and they have no claim on your work yet.

jchines
05-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Send away. If an agent wants an exclusive, they'll ask for it. Otherwise, it's assumed you're shopping it around a bit.

victoriastrauss
05-23-2006, 11:20 PM
Scott, as far as I know, neither of these agencies has any sales. Baker's Mark is pretty new; its owners have at least some relevant professional background, and it has what looks like a viable list of available properties. So it might be worth a look. Southern Literary Group, on the other hand, has been around for several years, and there's no sign of any sales activity.

- Victoria

Popeyesays
05-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Scott, as far as I know, neither of these agencies has any sales. Baker's Mark is pretty new; its owners have at least some relevant professional background, and it has what looks like a viable list of available properties. So it might be worth a look. Southern Literary Group, on the other hand, has been around for several years, and there's no sign of any sales activity.

- Victoria

Thanks for the heads up, and I will check out SLG in more detail. P&E didn't say anything either way and neither did the forum thread on them here on AW.

Regards,
Scott