Problems with Venus Press

tommysetliff

Hello, everyone! I was looking around the blogs on blogger.com yesterday and I came upon a few posts from various authors regarding problems with Venus Press. Anyone on here had any problems with the company? Just curious because I recently submitted and I'm not interested in dealing with a shady company. Thanks for reading!:)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always interested in hearing if an erotic press is to be avoided. Any replies that existed are gone missing.

Anybody know about Venus Press?

Maryn, clueless as usual

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Back then I suggested contacted authors published with them. The general gossip I heard is that they went through a diffcult period but are now going well.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Maryn,
Piers Anthony published his "semi-erotic" novel with Venus, and he got his author's copies as expected. He seems pleased with them, but will not comment one way or the other about his satisfaction with anything NEW about them. He considers his publication to be an economic tie with Venus Publishing and therefore he has a conflict of interest.

Venus turned down my story ten minutes before eXtasy sent me a contract. They said everything eXtasy Press said, except opposite--so, I guess it's true that selection or rejection is pretty damned subjective.

Regards,
Scott