A 2018 Thank You thread

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, all you fabulous supportive people, for critiques. For support when I was down, for emails and swaps to help me find blind spots. Thank you for understanding when I couldn't take on one more thing, and for cheering me on to do so anyway.

Thank you for chatting nonsensically with me. For writing poems together (I hope limericks count), and pointing me to resources I needed.

Thank you for showing me that the road ahead is still a long one, because I like to know what's coming.

Thank you for being gentle, and also honest.

That's all.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, Patty, limericks do count - Thanks for starting this thread, too. :hi:

I'd like to thank everyone for the love you've always shown and for my daily chuckle - Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :Hug2:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering where to put my Christmas wishes post and here is as good a place as any.:partyguy:

All the best to Lisa and the team of techies and Mods who keep this place ticking over, and a million thanks to everyone else for the contributions each of you make to my enjoyment of the far too many hours I spend browsing this most helpful site. (And for tolerating my odd grump. :hooray:)

Best wishes to all for 2019.:snoopy::Hug2:

Kindest, Bufty :Hug2:

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
A big thank you to everyone here for the help and encouragement you’ve given me, through mainly painful rejections; especially those of you who helped me edit stuff. This is still the best writing forum I’ve ever seen. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! May you sell everything to everyone you query!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you to Mac, to Lisa and all the mods, and especially to the community here at AW - all of you fascinating writers and readers. This was a rough year as I scrambled to recover my rights and sanity during my publisher's slow collapse, and it was comforting to know I could come here and get sympathetic head pats, encouragement and advice.

I treasure my AW family.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here, for all the kind and honest feedback, for the many moments of inexplicable generosity, and most of all, for teaching me to be a better writer. It has been a gift beyond price.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :)