• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Two Plum Press

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Not nearly enough info on their titles: basics like page count, size of the book, author bios, samples to read--things a customer wants to have before shelling out money.

I found one author on Amazon, but her most recent title was from 1973. Books are listed with prices, but there is no way to order on the website. Perhaps one contacts the publisher and arranges an invoice for a purchase.

Apparently titles are in bookstores: three in Portland, OR, and a place in Scotland. I get the idea the publisher personally delivers stock, so I don't think much of their distribution.

It is not a place I would recommend to writers who want to make sales.

With no samples and no links to author websites or even their Facebook pages, there is no way I would buy/submit anything to them.

Perhaps this is more of a hobby for the publisher than a business. I do not think the place intends to do anyone harm, it is just remarkably indifferent to doing their writers any good. Granted, the audience for such books is going to be small, but c'mon!

They compare themselves an "independent record label" which is bending it a bit. My nephew runs such a label and sees to it every piece of music has plenty of info, easy to buy/download buttons, listings on places like Amazon, a social media presence, samples to hear, etc. What he does not do is schlepp around to music stores with a box of CDs to float past the managers.