Where can you get advice on an R & R?

writera

Writ Era
Registered
Reaction score
I've received three R & R requests with feedback on a manuscript. I see some similarities in what they want, but they're still very different. Just wondering, is there anywhere on this site or elsewhere where you could post the feedback you received and get some advice on what they're looking for? I know you can post first chapters and query letters on here, but not sure if there's a place to post feedback and get help unpacking it. Apologies if I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
You can post it but I don't see how that would help if you don't at least post a sample of your work on here as well. We won't be able to tell you what may or may not be working if we don't see the work. Posting the rejections you got won't help. People will only be able to guess what might be wrong. Posting your work in the Share Your Work section is best. People don't even need to see your rejections, they can tell by your work what might not be working, etc.

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
If you look at the "seeking beta reader" sections you should be able to find people who can offer some advice.

The problem is that deciphering R&R requests and manuscript fixing is such a skill that it will be hard to find a decent assessor for free or for a swap. Most professional manuscript assessments cost in the range of hundreds of dollars, and you need to vet the person who does it.

(I know a person offering MS assessments who I would consider barely literate, its quite a minefield).

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I know a superb book doctor who does this sort of thing, but you're talking four figures easily.