Think I messed up Amazon free promo

KBooks

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm doing my first Amazon free promo, and thought I had found all the needed information, but missed the part where there was a drop-down menu and you had to select the UK separately apparently.

So it just started today. It looks like there is a "stop" option. If I stop the promo and restart a new one for midnight, minus a day and including the UK), will it 1) take out my whole five days of promo for this KDP period (which I don't want to do) and/or 2) piss off the people who may have seen the book was available for free and who arrive at the site only to see it's not?

Btw... is my book even for sale in the UK? It had been getting page reads through KU so I had assumed all was well, but maybe that was super naive. This kind of seems needlessly complex, but oh well, rookie error on my part.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
It's been some time since I've done the free thing, but it used to apply to all countries without needing anything special. I can see your book as free in the UK.

Even if that wasn't the case, most places that promote the free deals will only link to the US site, so that's the big one for getting downloads. Hopefully you did let places know you were going to run the promotion, so you don't want to cancel it after getting listed.

You can tell where you book is on sale on your KDP bookshelf. Hover your mouse cursor over "View on Amazon" under the price. A popup with all the Amazon sites will appear. Alternatively, just take your US link and change the first bit to the Amazon link for the country. So amazon.com would become amazon.co.uk. The book code remains the same. It's only the site that changes.

KBooks

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Polenth.

Yes, I did announce it all over the place, so I was sort of panicking about having to pull it and restart. But then someone messaged me on GR and said it wasn't available in the UK and I got worried.