PDA

View Full Version : Source for title font textures?

krommenaas
11-30-2018, 03:58 PM
I'm having troubles finding good textures to use on my title letters - i.e. BIG images of gold, silver, marble, ... that I can use for my whole title. Can anyone recommend a good source for such textures, or does anyone have good ones they are willing to share?

kevinwaynewilliams
12-01-2018, 01:42 AM
istockphoto has such files in sizes like 5184x3456, 5748x3852, etc. Can't imagine you need larger than that.

WeaselFire
12-03-2018, 11:33 PM
I'm having troubles finding good textures to use on my title letters...

Having trouble finding them or having issues about paying for the usage rights? :)

FWIW, the only way to get a good gold or silver "texture" is metallic ink, an extra cost during the printing process. Other options are called yellow and gray. But there are thousands of texture and background photos available for license, and fewer or less desirable ones for free. Hit the free stock sites or be ready to pay for the rights.

Jeff

krommenaas
12-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Having trouble finding them or having issues about paying for the usage rights? :)

Fair question. I honestly didn't think to check stock photo sites, because I thought of textures as something else, probably because back in my web designer days, background textures were typically something you'd find available for free on sites dedicated to just that. But Google didn't give me the results I expected; the closest I found was this: https://www.wildtextures.com/?s=metal

I'm still surprised that complex textures like marble and rust are easy to find but gold sheet is not. Apparently you need to really have access to a big slab of gold to make such a picture :)

Anyway I'll find what I need as a stock photo then, thx for the tip! I'm quite happy with just getting the right colour with some natural gradient; no need for metallic ink.