Pregnancy Questions

cardanise

Registered
Reaction score
I've read a thread on here about late term pregnancy, but I have questions about the whole process since I don't have experience needed and not every pregnancy is the same.

Let me be upfront, this is for an erotica novel, but I don't think I can post those types of questions on this forum. If your ok with answering those types of questions shoot me a PM.

General Questions (be as descriptive as possible please)
1. Describe the first trimester.

2. Describe the second trimester.

3. Describe the third trimester.

4. How did each trimester affect you emotionally?

5. What were the most important DON'Ts to ever do?

6. When did you start noticing movement? When was the fetus most active?

7. How soon after gestation did you notice bodily changes? Morning sickness and for how long?

8. Did you menstruate during pregnancy? If so, did it vary from normal?

9. What bizarre cravings did you have? If any?

10. Signs that you were in labor? How long did it last? If you had a natural birth, describe it.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not to not help you but you can get most of that from the Internet. It would be wise to get the basics down then ask the questions that you didn't find answers to.

cardanise

Registered
Reaction score
Not to not help you but you can get most of that from the Internet. It would be wise to get the basics down then ask the questions that you didn't find answers to.

I'm looking for experiences and how the woman emotionally/mentally handled the situation.

Lone Wolf

Registered
Reaction score
You probably already realise but just in case - experiences differ very widely. Whatever experience you can imagine has probably been experienced. But here's mine (2 pregnancies)

1. Describe the first trimester.
some morning sickness that started quite mildly from about 2 weeks pregnant (about when period was due). Felt sick most or every morning and somewhat during the day. Worst in the morning because it's worst when you're hungry - but you have to force yourself to eat.

planned pregnancies so happy and excited. Also marveled throughout pregnancy at the thought of a human growing inside me.

2. Describe the second trimester.
Morning sickness went away but discomforts due to size increasing
More hungry and tired than usual - this may have started in first trimester

3. Describe the third trimester.
Though I had relatively good pregnancies it was uncomfortable most of the time. Just walking was an effort & I didn't realise how much until after he was born and did the same walk SO much quicker and easier. For the last month or two his weight was on my bladder when I walked which felt like I was painfully busting even when it was empty. Hard to get comfortable in bed. Needed naps during day. Felt very ungainly - difficult to reach my feet etc.
A mate asked me what I liked about being pregnant. Apart from wanting the child all I could think of was that I had a break from periods.
Feeling the baby move was both amazing and uncomfortable - your flesh is stretched so tight yet they push out a limb and move it across your belly, and you can feel their limbs poking into your innards.
Towards the end, though nervous about being a parent for first time, I was looking forward to getting it out of me, both so I could meet my baby and because I was uncomfortable. (after he was born there were times I wished him back in because it is in fact a lot easier in than out.)
Also feel terribly protective of course. Like when I tripped and fell landed on my huge belly. Though I was unscathed we were paranoid I'd hurt the baby.

4. How did each trimester affect you emotionally?
Long time ago so I can't say if there was a difference. During second pregnancy I felt more emotional at times - like I burst into tears when my toddler weed on the old carpet. I was surprised by my reaction because it wasn't actually a big deal. At some point I found I'd get teary at even ad's that had kids and were poignant - I think it was tapping into the fear of losing your baby. Not sure if this started in pregnancy or after birth.

5. What were the most important DON'Ts to ever do?

6. When did you start noticing movement? When was the fetus most active?
within a few weeks I was feeling flutterings like butterflies. Info said it was too early to feel the baby and that it would be gas or something, but I'd never felt anything like it so I was convinced it was the baby moving - until months or years later I felt the same thing (when I wasn't pregnant)

7. How soon after gestation did you notice bodily changes? Morning sickness and for how long?
1st time: it was odd - for the previous 3 months I got sore breasts in the days before my period (and never had done this before!) so when this time my breasts ached a couple of days before I was due I was sure my period was coming. So I had no qualms about getting tipsy one night. Felt a bit nauseous the next morning - a hang-over effect maybe (one I'd never had before). Period was due next day or two so I was 2 weeks pregnant (though Dr's count it from last period - about 2 weeks before insemination!) Took the test next morning first thing. Saw it was positive and immediately felt sick (though delighted too)

2nd time: I felt the slightest nausea well before period was due. Knew there was a chance I was pregnant. maybe a few days later I felt quite sick - which turned out to be gastro for the weekend - which then just merged into morning sickness.

8. Did you menstruate during pregnancy? If so, did it vary from normal?
No. This would be extremely rare

9. What bizarre cravings did you have? If any?
None. But I'm a meat eater and while I had morning sickness the smell of meat made me feel sick (except for meat pies but I guess not much meat in them!) I often felt like eating cool, fresh foods like fruit and frozen yogurt.

10. Signs that you were in labor? How long did it last? If you had a natural birth, describe it.[/QUOTE]
1st. first sign was a painless contraction (not labor yet!). they started at 7am, gradually got more painful and closer together (started maybe 1/2 hr apart) - he was born with help 24 hrs after first contraction (or maybe that was brackston hicks?). Official labor was several hours at most. You feel pretty pissed off when you've been in pain for several hours and they say you are not in labor yet - as if all that didn't count and was nothing.

2nd. Got up in morning on due date and waters broke - not a gush like on tv, just a trickle like you are pissing yourself. about 12 hours before any contractions started.

I'm sure you can google a million birth stories. PM if you have questions about sex in pregnancy - but actually I can't remember it any great difference except missionary is soon ruled out.

-Riv-

The much appreciated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

I'm looking for experiences and how the woman emotionally/mentally handled the situation.
You can, indeed, find a wealth of info on this on the Internet. :) I just did a search for "emotions during pregnancy" and "experiences during pregnancy" and came up with a host of pages ranging from scientific info to vivid personal accounts. Delving through those might help you way more than you realize, and give a broad foundation to answers you get here on the forum.

All the best,
Riv

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
I mean, I could go on for a while about being pregnant, but I had an incredibly easy time of it. Childbirth, too - painful, but brief and uneventful, and I did it without meds. Now breastfeeding - that was an utter cluster****.

The questions are a little general, I think? I know it's probably hard to get more specific without going into detail about the story, but something a little less than "please describe your whole pregnancy" might get you more replies. Because seriously, there's so much variation you could probably make up whatever you wanted, and it would fit someone.

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Age of woman makes a difference, family organization, faith, availability of medical care, first or future pregnancy...

Beyond the sex-ed class sperm meets egg info, there are way too many variables to give you any specifics. Go interview women with children or who are pregnant.

Jeff