• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

seeking a critique partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

texan

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone:
I’m new to Absolute Write, so if I abuse any protocol of the forum, please let me know. I’m seeking a critique partner serious about the art who would like to exchange chapters of unpublished novels not only for critique but perhaps with suggestions of ways to make them better. Since my books are primarily mainstream, suspense, and action/adventure, all with a smattering of romance, I would like to locate someone of similar interests. A writer of pure romance would be okay as long as that person had no aversion to my books being plotted along other lines.
I feel I should state that I am self-taught and as yet unpublished, but with a background of fiction writing spanning over many years. I would be willing to share with a partner the long list of things I know an author should not do, would hope the prospective partner would point out to me the things I should do. I would never say anything intentionally to discourage anyone, but would try to help and be as honest as my partner’s ego would allow.
The novel I am currently editing is a mainstream/adventure story with a unique plot and is about 90,000 words. If that genre is not suitable, I have other finished books that I could switch to. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a personal message and let’s talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.