Cocaine hangover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

writeorwrong

Registered
Reaction score
Is there such a thing? I have no first-hand experience with this, but my MC has lots. That presents a challenge.:Shrug:

Let's say MC has been up for 24 hours doing blow (which brings me to another question, what are they calling cocaine on the streets these days).

What are the physical symptoms? Does he want to sleep but is still wide awake? Is he tired but on edge?

Any info on the after effects of powder cocaine and/or crack are very much appreciated.

Ed Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Let's say MC has been up for 24 hours doing blow (which brings me to another question, what are they calling cocaine on the streets these days).
Not much cocaine on the streets these days mostly crack. Here is a little cocaine 101. The reason most people liked doing coke was it wore off in about 15 minutes, then you would take another hit and be back in the game. Like any drug, over do it and when you come down you have what people call a hang over, in fact it's withdrawals. Is he selling or just using, I lived though the 60s and 70s on the west coast, there is not to many things have not tried. Crack is coke with all the impurities removed, it is straight up the real deal. That is why it is so easy to OD on the stuff.
Hope that helped.
icon12.gif

Last edited:

writeorwrong

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Ed. Specifically, I'm trying to nail the physical sensations of who's coming off a high from a drug that will leave you all jangled and hyper after a binge.

I thought that drug might be coke, but it looks like I might have to find something else. You're saying because the high is of short duration, you can come down with no problem after a coke binge?

This part of the story takes place in 2001. I know there are some cocaine users who won't do crack-- or at least that's the way it used to be. Junkie snobbery? Heh. Anyway, MC is a corporate type living a double life, if that helps.

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
writeorwrong said:
Thanks Ed. Specifically, I'm trying to nail the physical sensations of who's coming off a high from a drug that will leave you all jangled and hyper after a binge.

I thought that drug might be coke, but it looks like I might have to find something else. You're saying because the high is of short duration, you can come down with no problem after a coke binge?
I thought the current stimulant of choice was methamphetamine (crank).
writeorwrong said:
This part of the story takes place in 2001. I know there are some cocaine users who won't do crack-- or at least that's the way it used to be. Junkie snobbery? Heh. Anyway, MC is a corporate type living a double life, if that helps.
I don't know how many corporate types are "tweakers" but I would imagine it would appeal to someone trying to stay alert and "focused".

http://www.hbo.com/docs/programs/crank/info.html

cw37066

Registered
Reaction score
"Let's say MC has been up for 24 hours doing blow (which brings me to another question, what are they calling cocaine on the streets these days). "

In Nashville cocaine is commonly referred to as "powder"

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember reading that coke was a danger to share traders (the guys on the floor) because, although it gave them amazing energy, it also made them feel invincible. A small loss could compound itself as the addict would be sure things would turn around. Thus could empires be lost in an afternoon.

I remember the descriptions of episodes with "Bolivian Marching Powder" from Bright Lights, Big City. Clearly, I've been in suspended animation since 1985.

Ed Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Crank

I remember when crank started up. They used it as a cutter for coke. You could always tell if the coke was cut with crank because you would grain your back teeth. Speed maybe what you are looking for, it will keep you up and burn you out. There used to be a little beauty, they called The Texas Turn Around. The truckers took them. You could drive from Texas to New York and turn around come back on one of them.
icon12.gif

Last edited:

HeyBooBoo

Registered
Reaction score
*Took down for personal reasons.

Last edited:

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
There is another downside following cocaine use.
Sex sucks and so does most of the stuff you get pleasure doing while high.
There is a strong feeling of discontent, unease and dissatisfaction
This is a factor in making people want to get high again.
burn out

spike

Mostly Ignored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
oddgoose.blogspot.com
In the 80's crank and coke were often done together. 3 or 4 days up were the norm. No one showered, because no one slept, so no one was sure when it was a new day.

When you would crash, people often slept for 2 or 3 days. Usually you drank heavily to stop any bad effect of the crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.