• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

70K Dystopian Sci-fi Novel--Will Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primus

Del Lago
Registered
Reaction score
How's it, y'all?

I'm currently seeking beta readers for my dystopian science fiction novel, which is about 70K in length. To give in brief, it's about a King and a cohort of his soldiers as they seemingly fight a war against a tyrant called Sin. But the King knows something that his soldiers do not. He's one of very few individuals to know this truth. And he's determined to reveal it, what will ultimately end in tragedy.

This is a character-driven story, so I don't focus so much on plot. I've always preferred characters over plot, and world-building, worlds that feel "lived-in". So my intent with this novel was to fashion three-dimensional characters, to explore a part of their identities, while delving into the makeup of my world (I pulled from philosophy, religion, Graeco-Roman myth and even poetry to build this world). These are the two aspects then that I am very curious to see critiqued. I am looking for honest, constructive critiques. I'm also more than willing to swap story for story. And I'll pretty much read anything, I'm not all that picky when it comes to swaps.

Anyone interested, I'd be delighted. Don't hesitate to PM or drop a line below. Thanks!

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested. I also have a dystopian fantasy novel. I can share more if you haven't already found someone to be a critique partner yet!

Chaki1718

Registered
Reaction score
It's about a world where people switch bodies every few years. This rebirthing is done by the government to encourage empathy for fellow man. It follows a 17 year old guy who has to navigate this world to get back home to his family after he switches. A lot of world building. It's also almost 70,000 words. Looking for general critiques on how the characters come off and whether the world is convincing. And whatever glaring structural errors there may be as well.

Titus

Registered
Reaction score
I will beta for you. Send me a PM with more direct contact info to start.

Gunzen

Rozez
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Still interested? I have been a beta reader before. I wrote a 76k dystopian Riding the Apocalypse on Amazons.com.

I have a romantic thriller 80 kk words. Wanna trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.