Query batches?

jj528

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, it's that time again--I need to start getting my agent list ready to query. But it's been over two years since I've done this, and I honestly can't remember how I did this before. With so many agents listing as a NR = N, I'm not sure how to send out queries in batches anymore. I mean, of course, send x amount at a time, but how often do I send more out? If I wait for a response each time, it'll take me years to get through all of the agents, but I don't want to send them out too close together, in case I revise my query in between.

Does two weeks make sense? A month? Agent response times are *so* variable, I feel like I'm playing darts blindfolded.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I sent out four or five at a time, and then waited a couple of weeks before sending any more out.

You don't need to wait for a response before sending each new batch out. Just work at a pace that works for you.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I sent out about 7-10 then waited two weeks and repeated with a new batch. I also out a new query any time I received a rejection. (Some of those still come in even in the no response world.)

As Old Hack says, find a pace that works for you. I had a very long list to query (over 200 names) so I kept the batches relatively large while still giving myself some wiggle room to adjust the query if I needed to. If my list had been shorter, my batches would likely have been smaller as well.

jj528

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for your answers!! Small 5-6 batches + sending extras out when I get responses back sounds perfect for me.