• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Whisper Publishing

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Em...I'm not picking up that much ineptitude. Not for me, yet, (still have more est pubs to check out first)but not sure if it's completely bogus...

Clairels

Born at sea
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.princessofpirates.wordpress.com
"We are not a vanity publisher."

:roll:

In any case, I can't find any information behind who's running the site, which alone is a red flag. I found an anonymous blog post by someone called "The Nitpicker" claiming to have 20-plus years of editing and proofreading experience, but since there's no name attached, there's no way to verify this. The site itself is indeed fairly amateurish.

I don't have enough proof to say whether they are truly inept or bogus. I assume they probably have good intentions. But they also have no books out, so why should you be their guinea pig? As with all new publishers, it's wise to hold off on submitting for at least two years, and then see if they're still around. It's a good bet they won't be, simply because publishing is a tough business and most people who try to get into it are woefully unprepared for it, especially if they don't have any previous experience.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Why is the logo on their homepage blurry? It's their logo. THEIR LOGO.

Also, they quote Ira Glass on their main page and misspell his name.

In my opinion, if you're thinking of a publisher or agent et al. as your last resort, you are probably better going it alone (or trying again with a new manuscript).

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
Certainly a last resort situation.

Out of curiosity, why are they a resort at all? What about them--even at the lowest level--appeals to you? As a publishing "credit" their's would hold ZERO weight, at best. At worst, it would be a strike AGAINST an author.

Last edited: