Starting to get noticed

LightShadow

defender of the blahs!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
A couple of bloggers that have very popular sites, one of them listed on the list of "favorite bloggers" at blogger dot com, left me comments. It just put a good feeling inside me, and, you see, it's all about marketing. Getting people to know who I am and where I stand so that when my book comes out, they are familiar with me and become buyers of my book.

If you want to see my blogs, hit my link to my website below and then the links to the blogs will be on the left.

Thanks.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Glad you're getting traffic and that it meets your goals. It would be interesting to chat here about whether or not bloggers with books out think their blog has helped any and what about it they think is key to that.

LightShadow

defender of the blahs!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Does the blog help in meeting my writing goals?

Dawno said:
Glad you're getting traffic and that it meets your goals. It would be interesting to chat here about whether or not bloggers with books out think their blog has helped any and what about it they think is key to that.

My blogs, I think, help, not only because I have links to my website that is designed to familiarize readers with my writing, but really any self-promotion is good. When I get published some of those bloggers might see my book in the store and think, "gosh, that name sounds familiar" and they may not even realize why that's the case - - but people tend to buy books by names they recognize...so, in cases like that, I think the blogs help.

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
LightShadow said:
...one of them listed on the list of "favorite bloggers" at blogger dot com,...

I didn't know of such a place, so I thought I'd check it out but I can't find it. It takes me to just blogger dot com and it is all in foreign languages....or is that it? I'm trying to find the favorite bloggers part.

razibahmed

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hobbyecon.blogspot.com
It's nice that you are getting noticed. Blogging has a lot of potential. I have taken blogging as a profession now and totally dedicating all my time and energy after it and it is paying off. Blogs can be best tool for self promotion and if you can become an authority in your field through your blog then many windows of opportunities will open for you.

Sury

Word Worker
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bghosh.cavernreal.com
That's great to know, LightShadow! It's always a welcome sign to find new visitors to your blog. I hope it translates into a lot of book sales for you.

Good luck! :Thumbs:

Sury