When I die

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I don’t know about you folks. But when it is my time, I want to be buried next to some interesting people. I can’t imagine going through eternity beside a redneck or a yakking (Joan Rivers type) broad. I want to rest beside someone funny. Not too funny, but just enough charm and wit to have a good conversation without running out of things to say after a couple hundred years.

Maybe I can have a few friends join me? Or maybe I can solicit people now before it is too late? What better way to plan for the future than thinking about dying?

Who would you choose? I still haven’t made up my complete list, but there are a few people I would love to spend more time with…

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Anya Smith said:
When I die, I don't want to be buried. I want to be cloned, get my mind interfaced into the new body and start all over. :snoopy:
Sorry, Anya. But that's already been done to extreme!

joan-rivers-2.jpg

Puddle Jumper

To quote Rich Mullins...

"When I leave, I'm gonna go out like Elijah. With a whirlwind to fuel my chariot of fire. And when I look back on the stars, it'll be like a candlelight in Central Park. And it won't break my heart to say 'Goodbye.'"

:cool:

writerterri

It's a dorky day!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SpookyWriter said:
I don’t know about you folks. But when it is my time, I want to be buried next to some interesting people. I can’t imagine going through eternity beside a redneck or a yakking (Joan Rivers type) broad. I want to rest beside someone funny. Not too funny, but just enough charm and wit to have a good conversation without running out of things to say after a couple hundred years.

Maybe I can have a few friends join me? Or maybe I can solicit people now before it is too late? What better way to plan for the future than thinking about dying?

Who would you choose? I still haven’t made up my complete list, but there are a few people I would love to spend more time with…

I'll save you room next to my grave. We can chat and spook people-K?

Godfather

back door man
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
when i die, i want my tombstone to have something really cool written on it.

but im not exactly sure what yet,

there was one that i thought really cool. for this art exhibition that my pop photographed, one of them was a tombstone that said 'gimme shelter' on it.
i liked it.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
It's the ovens for me. Too many people waiting to p!ss on my grave. I won't give them the satisfaction. Although the idea of being stuffed and mounted does have some appeal.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
When I die I want to be cremated. Whoever is left behind should dig a hole and pour my ashes into it. Then I want them to plant a tree on top.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I want my ashes to be scattered in a mountain and on the sea.

Or, if I'm rich enough, I want my ashes to be turned to a diamond. :D

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I had my will drawn up that upon my death they are to leave my body on the front door of my ex-wife. Let her figure out how to get more money from me...

ourman.jpg

RG570

Registered
Reaction score
I'd probably just donate my carcass to science or give the organs to someone who needed them.

What happens to my body after I die is probably the least of my worries, should that ever happen. 'Cause you know, maybe it won't. I'm hoping anyway.

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
When I die I want to be cremated. Whoever is left behind should dig a hole and pour my ashes into it. Then I want them to plant a tree on top.

That's what my dad wants. We've already chosen the type of tree--a crab-apple.

I'll take an oak. Then I can return as a dryad.

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
I would want my body to go to science, with the remains thrown in the woods to feed the wilderness.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Dying? Who's dying? I'm still planning to live forever, damn it. I got stuff to do.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
PeeDee said:
Dying? Who's dying? I'm still planning to live forever, damn it. I got stuff to do.
Don't count on it. Life ends at 21. Or was that marriage, I can't remember...darn where are my teeth??

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I've always thought it would be really cool to have a pressure sensor set up in front of your casket and when someone steps on it as they come up to pay their last respects it activates a hinged slat that raises you up so it looks like you're sitting up. Then have a recording of me going "Boo!"

Status
Not open for further replies.