Metaphorically wrote "The End"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessQ

Registered
Reaction score
My first, completed manuscript...is finished.
I know, I know, I need a handful of betas, I need an editor, etc. But for the first time ever, I've completed a book with enough satisfaction to pursue betas and publication.

I know this isn't a huge deal to a lot of people, but I'm reeling.

The single person who's read and reviewed (a complete stranger who's name will definitely be in my future acknowledgements page) enjoyed it and gave much-needed feedback, and that's also a first for me; having someone read my novel.

The amount of vulnerability I've bled would have put me in shock a few years ago, so this introvert is moving up and out!

*cheers!*

~Jess

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! That's amazing. Being an introvert myself, I'm completely impressed. I still sweat at the idea of beta readers. :hooray:

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That's an enormous step, Jess! Good for you.

Maryn, beaming

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Hooray for you! I also just wrote the ending and fished editing my first novella. Not sure if I want to publish it yet, but I know how you feel. It's a great feeling. Plus I'm a major, 100% introvert, too.

librarianj

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on your manuscript and on your vulnerability...that is certainly an accomplishment!:hooray:

WGough

Registered
Reaction score
:partyguy: Way to go, Jess! Introverts all around are applauding your success. Quietly and without bringing attention to ourselves.

NathanLyle

Registered
Reaction score
congratulations. I was basically in the exact same position a few months ago. It is a huge hurdle to overcome. Just knowing that I could finish one complete manuscript gives me the confidence to write more. I wish you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.