• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Enclave Publishing

Aramis

Custom User Title Not Found
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this company's reputation? I wanted to submit a manuscript to them. I know they specialize in Christian scifi, which is what I wrote, but I can't find much about them online, just that they recently changed owners.

Thanks in advance!

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
These guys? Enclave Publishing

I don't have any personal experience with them, but a quick prowl around the website shows covers ranging from not so good to pretty good, and decently written copy. No information about staff, other than the principal, who is also a literary agent (a conflict of interest, if you ask me).

I looked at a few of their books on Amazon, where they have fair to good rankings, especially in Kindle format.

The press is an imprint of Gilead Publishing.

Aramis

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. I guess I'll have to start looking into Gilead, too. The only thing I could find on this site was a post from 2016 about Gilead as a new market.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Formerly Marcher Lord Press (founded by Jeff Gerke in '07), it was bought by agent Steve Laube in '14 and rebranded as Enclave before being sold to newly-formed Gilead in '16 (PW announcement). Mr. Laube continues as publisher.

Aramis

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good! I guess I'll go for it and see what happens. Fingers crossed!

litdawg

Helping those who help themselves
Registered
Reaction score
There's not much to go on here. I submitted to Steve Laube as an agent. His reply indicates I should send the full manuscript to Enclave for consideration. I'm guessing that means he won't represent me as an agent. He's very upfront that he owns Enclave. He's a unique figure in the CF publishing world, but I'm wondering if I should query a few traditional agents at the same time I was I respond to this request. He was the first person I queried. The word "exclusive" does not appear in his letter, so sending out more queries seems allowable. Thoughts?