Do NOT read this thread unless you want to waste time!

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I get a weekly email from the folks at Articulate on how to design lesson plans, and the ever changing face of technology in developing curriculum. It's a great subscription (free), and every once in a while it takes me down an interesting sidebar. This week's email took me to a YouTube video on how to paint Star Wars miniatures!

The video is about 40 minutes long, but it really is fascinating, and the artistic eye and hand of the YouTuber was amazing. Since we're all aspiring or practicing artists here, this is something we can all appreciate. His patience and attention to detail blew me away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GDxbJaWxoU

Oh yeah, and here's the Articulate storyboard on how to paint minatures that I was originally looking at for ideas on how to improve online curricula:

https://rise.articulate.com/share/o...ns/bdt7H0lKVLEtdffAOWxdPPofrY3Zbncf?_k=x3e97l

Any threads or cans of worms you've opened that sucked hours from your day?

Last edited:

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Any top ten lists involving retro videos games (SNES Drunk particularily)

Anything where someone reads scary stories from Reddit (Lazy Masquerade is my favorite, don't care about the CreepyPasta ones)

Of course, history and religion Youtubers (I like ReligionForBreakfast particularly, what a nice young millenial type person!). Some of those history YouTubers you gotta be careful with tho.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
80s music videos, particularly the one hit wonders, on YouTube.

Cracked.com

Snopes.com

Riotclitshave.tumblr.com. Despite the name, it's largely SFW except for usually artful nudity. The account owner has for more than 10 years been reposting some of the most amazing pics on the web. This world is an incredible place with unspeakably beautiful people in it.

Robots

In the future where will I be ?
Registered
Reaction score
I did not heed the warning and wasted my time reading this thread.

Just kidding. My main time-wasters to be sucked into are: Youtube recommended videos, TV, games...

godzillachild

Registered
Reaction score
As long as we're talking video games, I don't usually play them for more than two hours at a time.

That is, unless it's an open world game with tons of customization options (cough cough SIMS cough cough MINECRAFT). I could spend all day playing something like that, and I actually DID a couple times in my younger days. It's a good thing Second Life is so expensive and glitchy, because between that, Sims, and Minecraft, I'd never get anything done!

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
If you really wanna waste a ton of time, call any one of the following main support lines:

Verizon
Sprint
United
Comcast
AT&T
Dell
Apple
Microsoft

Robots

In the future where will I be ?
Registered
Reaction score
If you really wanna waste a ton of time, call any one of the following main support lines:

Verizon
Sprint
United
Comcast
AT&T
Dell
Apple
Microsoft

Add Telekom/T-Mobile to this.

crystalbrincks

Registered
Reaction score
Cannot say I've wasted time. This thread feels comfy and cozy. My inrnal lazy cat thrives