persevering vs. changing things up

Elvin-Bala

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I get that even the sharpest query letter will get rejected to some percentage. I'm still plodding away knowing that. But after getting a few rejections (7 and counting so far), I'm starting to get paranoid that my query letter is problematic and should be revised, even though it went through query letter hell and got some generally constructive feedback and even some positive reviews. I guess my question is at what point do you hit the pause button and dramatically revise the query? Or do you just keep going?

rosegold

Registered
Reaction score
I was paranoid after two, which is ridiculous, but only one person helped me with it, and now I'm wondering if I should've posted it in query letter hell. Currently, I'm taking a break from querying (I only did a few), and I'm playing around with a few other versions.

In your case, I'd be less worried because you actually went through several people.

Isobel

Registered
Reaction score
This is not what most people do, but I queried in batches of 5 and revised after every batch. Although the second time, I went back into my pages, rather than the query. Because I was pretty careful about who I queried, I figured if I wasn't getting requests there was a problem.