• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denevius

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hello AW,

I just finished a draft of a novella, and I’m looking to swap excerpts with someone working on a project. Maybe the length of each excerpt can be 2000 to 3500 words.

If you’re interested, PM me. Details about my novella below.

Title: HOLLOW MEN; Genre: Fantasy; Word Count: 28,000 words.

First 197 words below.

Every year, the heroes got younger. Kang Jeong Seok’s shadow fell over his son in the open courtyard. The boy wasn’t ready, but it didn’t matter.

His son meditated in the field, his legs folded beneath him, his back straight, his eyes closed. Scars crisscrossed his tan skin, dark lines cutting up and down his torso like words telling a story. The sun had risen from the ocean’s horizon hours ago, and the lingering chill in the morning air had become heavy with water. Jeju’s eternal breeze swept humid air across the island, and sweat soaked his son’s naked chest. Beside him, his two-handed sword sank into the knotted green grass.

Jeong Seok had gone deep into debt to get his son the foreign made glyph sword days after the boy was born. The time had come to wield it in battle.

“Ha-Jun,” Jeong Seok said.

Moments passed before his son opened his eyes. “Father?”

“Last month, I petitioned for an adventure from the governor.” He studied his son carefully for a reaction. Ha-Jun simply continued staring at him, breathing evenly in and out. “I got word today. The govern has accepted the request,” Jeong Seok said.

Status
Not open for further replies.