Yeah, I banned DamaNegra... whaddya gonna do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Damn... someone asked. :D

Well, okay. Dama requested that I ban her for a day because she doesn't have the willpower to tear herself away from the boards and really wants to get some work done.

But I'm tellin' ya, that girl's trouble!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
I tried to get Birol to do the same thing for me once. Turns out you can't ban the administrator. Phooey. Now I'll never leave.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ever feel like you've wandered into a parallel universe? That's been this whole week for me. I know I'm the one out of whack, and I have faith.

(I have no idea what's going on here, but I know you do, Jenna. I know if I wait, my head will clear....)

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
Sheesh. When you people post, like, nine posts in thirty seconds, it really throws off my already lame comic timing.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but it fits my post. Week in a nutshell. That so easily could've been me.

I agree: It's still funny, Bottomless.

BottomlessCup

Getting settled
Registered
Reaction score
I understand Dama's plight, though.

I just returned to the net after a six-month, self-enforced exile. It was very good for me. Wrote a lot, had real human contact, etc.

Did you know there's a huge, yellow ball of fire in the sky? Weird, eh?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ears were burning, eh, Os?

Send me a brochure, and let's talk.

5100 posts? This boy has a problem.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Os, please help me ban myself. You have no idea how much I'm procrastinating right now.

Oh, and I actually thought this might be a nice thread for Dama to come back to tomorrow night, so...

HI, DAMA! Hope your banning went well! Kick some WIP butt!

(You're still trouble.)

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
BottomlessCup said:
Did you know there's a huge, yellow ball of fire in the sky?

No. :cry:

Swear, when I do walk out during daylight hours, I cannot see. It burns my eyes. I'm one of those underground creatures who goes blind... what are they called? The really ugly grey things with the beady eyes...

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
's okay -- I'll shout, but it needs to be an expunge, not just a simple ban. Like I was never there.

Can you swing it?

Deleted member 42

JennaGlatzer said:
I tried to get Birol to do the same thing for me once. Turns out you can't ban the administrator. Phooey. Now I'll never leave.

Actually, you can. There's just no UI for it.

There's Always a Way ;)

SeanDSchaffer

When I saw that DamaNegra had been banned, I was like, "Why? What in the world did she do?"

She asked to be banned? You know, I've thought about that a couple times myself, but never got up the guts to do it.

All I can say is, she really is a dedicated lady. I hope her dedication to her craft is well rewarded.

DamaNegra, when you're allowed back on the boards again, I hope you'll be able to give a good report of all the writing you've done.

Wow! I like that kind of dedication.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A gem she is. And smart as a whip. Good move -- inspiring. We miss you.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
SeanDSchaffer said:
When I saw that DamaNegra had been banned, I was like, "Why? What in the world did she do?"

That's what made it fun to post. I figured that if anyone came across a thread and saw "Banned" under her username, it might inspire some worry, so I was going to come here and just warn people-- but the shock value of the subject line was overwhelmingly irresistible to me. :D

SeanDSchaffer

I might eventually ask you to do the same thing for me, if I ever need to. Not tonight, obviously, due in part to the fact I don't want to be guilty of copy-catting. The other reason is that I really don't feel the need to go that far yet. My writing has actually been benefitting lately from my nightly visits to the forums.

BTW, what would you have done if, in my Public Profile, I would have voted 'Orlando Bloom' as my favorite website? Aside from the fact I don't know who Orlando Bloom is....

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
I basically ban myself during work hours.

If you have a windows PC, just open the file:

"C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" in notepad.
(Obviously 'C:\WINNT' will be different according to what version of Windows you have)

Add the following line to the file:

127.0.0.1 absolutewrite.com

Now, every time you try and visit anything on 'absolutewrite.com', it will simply loopback to your own PC.

If you want to comment it out (for when you intend to waste time), just put a '#' in front of it.

I do this for all my time-wasting websites during worktime - just keep adding lines for each website you want to ban yourself from.

Saves me asking to be banned ...

Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.