Notifying agents that other agents are reading your full

RaggyCat

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. Quick question - I have an agent reading my full MS at the moment (two if you count former agent, though that's a little different). Having checked back on the websites of the other agents I've approached (with chapters 1-3 and a query letter as this is the UK), a couple ask to be "kept informed of developments with other agents".

Do you read this as them asking to be informed if another agent is reading the full MS? Originally, I assumed this meant for me to let them know if I got an offer of rep, but now I'm not so sure.

Thoughts? I've been out of the query game for a long time and a lot has changed since I got my first agent.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
I always thought agents meant they only wanted to be informed if you got an offer. But I have seen an increasing number of UK agents say that they want to be told even if another agent requests the full.
See half way down this page for an example. http://madeleinemilburn.co.uk/contact/submissions/

But obviously, unless the agent is as specific as she is, we can't know for sure.

RaggyCat

Registered
Reaction score
Cheers, guys. That was my interpretation, too.

Laurasaurus - Funnily enough it was this agency that put the thought into my mind. Agree, though, that unless an agency specifically wants to be notified about the full that they probably mean offer of rep.

Laurasaurus

Registered
Reaction score
Laurasaurus - Funnily enough it was this agency that put the thought into my mind.
Ooh, spooky.

I love an agent's site that is super specific about what they want. Writers (well, some of us) are a hesitant, self-doubting, second guessing bunch.

Last edited: