• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Kepner Agency

ObeysGravity

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent experience with this agency?

I understand that Chris Kepner had an excellent track record with Victoria Sanders, which he left in April 2017 to start his own agency.

I'm not sure how long the new agency has been open, but the most recent sale I see posted on PM for Mr. Kepner is July 2017.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I queried him for adult science fiction on June 3rd and have not heard back, which I believe (but do not recall for certain) is standard practice if he isn't interested in my query.

Sparverius

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.essahansen.com
I queried him after getting a #DVPit request, and a few weeks later nudged with an offer of rep on another MS. He responded to politely step aside, which I found nice because most other agents were CNR to nudge. I did find it odd that he said he had read some of both projects (the MS queried and the one with an offer) but he only ever had possession of one.

aus10phile

committed plantser
Registered
Reaction score
I got a like on my #SFFPit from Chris Kepner. Anyone know anything about him?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
He was my first query (about ten months ago) because I was jazzed by his website. He didn't respond, but he kept tweeting things within the venn diagram of what he wants and what I write, so i nudged and he said THANKS for the nudge... and still never responded. I doubt that I'll query him with future manuscripts.