Killed by the beast 666? Anyone have info on this tomb in Salt Lake City Cemetery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwentyFour

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
cc

Last edited:

Fern

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Did you notice her birthdate is also 6 - 6?

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
It looks like there are lots of people who want to know, but it's a mystery.

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/message/an/topics.cemetery.us.ut/10
I have been to cemetery myself and checked it out to be sure and even checked the neighboring graves.

Her husband is buried not across the road, but clear across the cemetery to the other side, in the "Park" section, which is the section behind the sexton's office.

What is clear is since it was in 1950s, the reference was obvious, considering where she came from, being Quebec and anti-Catholicism was pretty strong around this time period in some areas. Her grave neighbors were all LDS.

I found her obituary and there are no children but only nieces and nephews, no names. Her husband died several years later.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Natural causes? Do we know for sure where Spooky was that day?

plkiger

This is just a starting point, you might want to look into local folktales and monsters like Big Foot and the Bear Lake Monster, if they believed that one of these killed her, it would be easy to see how they might think that it was the devil. Remeber, the mormans were a little close mouthed at that time, they had recently been involved in a massacre amounst other things.

Kristen King

Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkthinker.blogspot.com
Also some religious believe that death is a direct result of original sin on the basis that man was originally created to live forever, so it may simply be a reference to "the wages sin pays is death" (Rom 6:23) in conjunction with Satan as the originator of sin.

:shrug:

Just a thought. I'd love to know what you find out, though!

Kristen

Ghost RYter

Registered
Reaction score
The beautyfull Appalatien Mountains of Kentucky .
I would assertain that it is probably a hoax of some sort . I have been to some old cemetarys in rural Mi. and I have never seen a stone that old in the condition that would appear to be in....
Also , the stone which was used back then (in my experience) was grey non polished stone with a name chisled into it.....looks fishy . I have little expertise in this area , just an opinion .
You never know.

Peggy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsontheroad.blogspot.com
Ghost RYter said:
I would assertain that it is probably a hoax of some sort . I have been to some old cemetarys in rural Mi. and I have never seen a stone that old in the condition that would appear to be in....
Also , the stone which was used back then (in my experience) was grey non polished stone with a name chisled into it.....looks fishy . I have little expertise in this area , just an opinion .
You never know.
Actually, I've seen grave stones from the 1920s that look that good (1958 wasn't THAT long ago :)). As long as granite or other hard stone was locally available, the stones could easily look good for a long time. That doesn't mean it isn't a hoax, just that you can't say from the shininess of the stone.

Ghost RYter

Registered
Reaction score
The beautyfull Appalatien Mountains of Kentucky .
My bad

Wow , my powers of observation have failed me yet again .... I thought it was from the late 1800s (the graveyards I was speaking of were 19th Century old) . Thanx for the correction ..... Yes , that could definatly be from 1950s .
The question remains .....

Status
Not open for further replies.