• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Snowy Wings Publishing

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
https://www.snowywingspublishing.com/

I checked both the index and custom search for these folks, thinking I'd seen them here before. If I missed them, many apologies to the mods.

They've cropped up on Twitter a couple of times, once from an agent retweeting a book launch.

Anyone know more about them?

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
A friend of mine has a book published with them, though that is the extent of what I know. I wish their website listed their staff and said staff's experience, but it seems like they might be a co-op--so maybe all their authors are also working to run the company?

Marissa D

Scribe of the girls in the basement
Registered
Reaction score
New England but hankering for the old one
Website
www.marissadoyle.com
Yes, they're a co-op-- see here: https://www.snowywingspublishing.com/about-swp/

Very interesting. They do print distribution with Ingram (easy enough) but also with Brodart, which might help get their books into school libraries (which, since they're doing MG and YA, is a Good Thing.) More research...

ClareDugmore

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, SWP author here.

As others have said, they're a co-op publisher focusing on MG and YA, and have recently launched imprints for romance and adult spec-fiction.

My book is an adult romance originally published under the SWP banner, but now moving to their romance imprint, Caleo Press.

If you're ever considering self-publishing I greatly suggest you doing so with SWP. As it's a co-op publisher, you retain your rights and royalties, but as part of the co-operative, you'll get marketing help and a community of authors to assist you, in exchange for doing the same for them - i.e. featuring a link to similar books in the back of your books, sharing sales on social media etc.

They're a lovely bunch. I published my own book with them, and am certain it wouldn't have been half as successful without their help.

You'd need to upload your own book to Amazon, and you'd be completely in charge of it, but they can supply you with an ISBN at a discounted rate (otherwise, if you wanted to sell via Ingram it costs about $1000 for ISBNS) and they will help you with marketing, feature your books in catalogues they send out to libraries and other important places, and if you want you can attend conventions they have a table at or send your books for others to sell on your behalf at the convention.