PDA

View Full Version : Small animal markets?

the bunny hugger
05-19-2006, 12:31 AM
I am looking for non-fiction markets relating to small pet mammals. I know of the Rat and Mouse Gazette and Crtitters USA but am having trouble finding submission guidelines for either.

awatkins
05-19-2006, 03:36 AM
I tried to respond to this earlier but clicked the wrong thing and it went *poof.* Anyway....

I can't find detailed writer's guidelines for CRITTERS USA but in the front of the magazine I found this bit:

"Unsolicited manuscripts and photographs are welcome on an exclusive basis, but none can be acknowledged or returned unless accompanied by a stamped, self-addressed envelope."

Here's the address:

CRITTERS USA
P.O. Box 6050
Mission Viejo, CA 92690-6050

The editor's name is Melissa L. Kaufman.

CRITTERS is published by the same company that also does Ferrets Magazine (http://www.ferretsmagazine.com/FERRETS/detail.aspx?aid=12858&sts=all&gobtn=&cid=3908) (and a whole buncho other pet pubs). That link takes you to the guidelines for Ferrets Mag--I'd guess they'd be similiar? But because CRITTERS is an annual publication, you'd probably better get your query in now for next year. Woohoo!

Go get'em, Rattitude. :D

veinglory
05-19-2006, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the information!

awatkins
05-19-2006, 04:04 AM
No problem...as long as I can keep my fingers on the right keys! Arrrgghh.... ;)