• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

One Track Literary Agency

SaraC

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,
I didn't see a thread about One Track Literary Agency yet, so I hope it's okay to start one. I saw them listed in writers digest.

From what I could find, Tara Gelsomino is the only person at it right now, and just started taking submissions in April. On twitter last night, she said she was temporarily closing to queries to catch up on submissions.

She was an exec editor at Crimson Rose until they shut down. The thread for Crimson Rose had a lot of complaints, but they seemed to taper off after the S & S acquisition, and then nothing, and then the announcement that they are closing. It looks like Tara got there in 2013 (thread goes back to 2007).

Her publish marketplace place page, as agent, not editor, lists some clients. From what I see on twitter, at least three clients are authors she worked with at Crimson.

The agency website scares me a little since it leads with a list of services that look like one you would see from someone who is selling them, but it doesn't say anything about fees anywhere. Hopefully I'm just reading too much into the design.

The query manager form asks for a more detailed synopsis than most agents.

So what do you think about this?

I have a bad habit of seeing a new agent, thinking they look good on a cursory glance, sending a query, and then doing research. I read Tara's bio, saw she had worked for S & S, read the guidelines, and queried. I thought new would mean quick turn around, and when I wasn't instantly rejected, I decided to do more research and realized there was no thread here. Statistically, I'll probably get a rejection, but if I do get a request, I hope to have more info before proceeding.

And to be honest, if I hadn't read the Crimson thread, I wouldn't be too worried. But I'm still a bit naive when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited:

Round Two

Behind the door of a small house.
Registered
Reaction score
She was an exec editor at Crimson Rose until they shut down. The thread for Crimson Rose had a lot of complaints, but they seemed to taper off after the S & S acquisition, and then nothing, and then the announcement that they are closing. It looks like Tara got there in 2013 (thread goes back to 2007).

As a point of clarification - Crimson Romance was launched in 2012. The part of the thread that goes back to 2007 was for the parent company, Adams Media, of which Crimson was an imprint.

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Any updated information on this agent?

SaraC

Registered
Reaction score
Any updated information on this agent?[/QUOTE
Not that I know of, other than she requested my full. Fairly active on twitter. Closed for subs for a bit then reopened with more specific genre guidelines