Not open for further replies.

alleycat

Waiting for Godot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
C.H. Campbell said:
How can I delete a post or thread?
You can delete your own posts by going to Edit, then clicking the little box to delete. I don't think you can delete a whole thread. You'd have to ask a moderator to do it.

ac

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, that's the deal. If you'd like to remove a certain post that you've made, just go back to it and click 'edit' in the lower right. Then you'll see the option to delete. You can leave a reason if you'd like, but it'll work without it too.

If you've started a thread that you like to have pulled, you should PM the moderator of that board.

C.H. Campbell

Registered
Reaction score
I click the edit button, but I don't see a delete option anywhere. Am i missing something?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
When you click edit, your message will appear in the grey text box. Their are options buttons in the lower right corner of that frame.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Oh boy! C.H., I owe you an apology. Lol! I thought you had issues, but it was actually me. I haven't deleted anything since the upgrade and I'd noticed the buttons had moved around. So sorry.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
I hadn't known anything was different, either. I happened to trip over Chunky's post while I was looking for something for someone else. All these changes in the oddest places....

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Another worthwhile thing to know is that the system doesn't let you delete your own post if it's the first post, starting a new thread--because deleting the post deletes the thread. You can either edit the text so it's blank, but leave the post; or else you have to PM the mod.

Typically, though, we don't like to delete entire threads if there are other members having a conversation there.

C.H. Campbell

Registered
Reaction score
Perks said:
Oh boy! C.H., I owe you an apology. Lol! I thought you had issues, but it was actually me. I haven't deleted anything since the upgrade and I'd noticed the buttons had moved around. So sorry.

No you were right the first time, I DO have issues. :)

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Another deletion question:

I would like to delete a story off of Share Your Work, but the moderator (maestrowork) does not accept PM's (he'd probably be flooded if he did, hehe). So, I cannot PM to delete. Is there some other ettiquette for cleaning out your work on that forum?

Thanks!

:)

-Michelle

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Aha! That explains it then. thanks!

:)

-Michelle

Status