PDA

View Full Version : How do you delete a post or thread?

C.H. Campbell
05-18-2006, 10:54 PM
How can I delete a post or thread?

alleycat
05-18-2006, 11:12 PM
How can I delete a post or thread?
You can delete your own posts by going to Edit, then clicking the little box to delete. I don't think you can delete a whole thread. You'd have to ask a moderator to do it.

ac

Perks
05-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah, that's the deal. If you'd like to remove a certain post that you've made, just go back to it and click 'edit' in the lower right. Then you'll see the option to delete. You can leave a reason if you'd like, but it'll work without it too.

If you've started a thread that you like to have pulled, you should PM the moderator of that board.

C.H. Campbell
05-19-2006, 02:41 AM
I click the edit button, but I don't see a delete option anywhere. Am i missing something?

Perks
05-19-2006, 03:11 AM
When you click edit, your message will appear in the grey text box. Their are options buttons in the lower right corner of that frame.

Aconite
05-19-2006, 05:45 AM
ChunkyC just posted an update about how deleting works now: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=619399&postcount=82

Perks
05-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Oh boy! C.H., I owe you an apology. Lol! I thought you had issues, but it was actually me. I haven't deleted anything since the upgrade and I'd noticed the buttons had moved around. So sorry.

Aconite
05-19-2006, 06:02 AM
I hadn't known anything was different, either. I happened to trip over Chunky's post while I was looking for something for someone else. All these changes in the oddest places....

MacAllister
05-19-2006, 06:08 AM
Another worthwhile thing to know is that the system doesn't let you delete your own post if it's the first post, starting a new thread--because deleting the post deletes the thread. You can either edit the text so it's blank, but leave the post; or else you have to PM the mod.

Typically, though, we don't like to delete entire threads if there are other members having a conversation there.

C.H. Campbell
05-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Oh boy! C.H., I owe you an apology. Lol! I thought you had issues, but it was actually me. I haven't deleted anything since the upgrade and I'd noticed the buttons had moved around. So sorry.

No you were right the first time, I DO have issues. :)

drachin8
10-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Another deletion question:

I would like to delete a story off of Share Your Work, but the moderator (maestrowork) does not accept PM's (he'd probably be flooded if he did, hehe). So, I cannot PM to delete. Is there some other ettiquette for cleaning out your work on that forum?

Thanks!

:)

-Michelle

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-28-2006, 06:09 PM
Maestrowork's on hiatus for a bit... that's probably why he isn't accepting PMs at the moment. Try one of the SuperMods, or ChunkyC. I bet they can do it. ;)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-28-2006, 06:10 PM
MacAllister's a Supermod, by the way... she's the one I always pick on!

drachin8
10-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Aha! That explains it then. thanks!

:)

-Michelle