Prove Me Wrong

Sayin Quota

Registered
Reaction score
Essentially each person will disprove the comment above them and then say something new. I don't know if this has been done before. It probably has.

There is nothing wrong with eating pizza with a fork and knife. PROVE ME WRONG

(I don't do this but whatev I want to start this off)

gduber

Registered
Reaction score
Part of the experience of pizza is eating it without utensils. If I wanted to use a fork and a knife, I'd eat something boring like meat and potatoes. Get off my computer with that fork-and-knife-with-pizza BS.

It's better to fart leaning backward than forward.

Bickernicks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adeadguy.com
It's better to fart leaning backward than forward.

tAjy6FX.jpg

CLEARLY this is proper alignment of your internal organs for speedy ejecta of gas.

EL James shouldn't write a 4th Fifty Shades book.

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
EL James shouldn't write a 4th Fifty Shades book.

Au contraire! Multimillionaire hack writers need money just as much as anyone else. And think of the possibilities for juggling ones' kinky sex life in the presence of preschool-aged children!

Why you should never eat a whole bag of potato chips at one sitting

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Potato chips are salty and can cause all sorts of health problems.

Soft magic systems (fantasy novels) are better than hard magic systems.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but, you have to prove me wrong (and come up with your own to continue the thread). :)

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but, you have to prove me wrong (and come up with your own to continue the thread). :)

Ok. Um...soft magic systems do not reflect coherent world building and are often used as deux ex machina devices, which can remove agency from the protagonist.

Vampires and werewolves get too much representation in paranormal romance. Mummies and swamp things need their time to shine. Prove me wrong!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Vampires and Werewolves represent shadow archetypes reflecting our hidden desires while also potentially having hot beefy muscles and six packs. Mummies and swamp monsters all also-rans no 15 year would want to date.

Ouija Boards are too spooky and shouldn't be allowed in the house. (This is serious, I have a phobia of them)

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Ouija Boards are too spooky and shouldn't be allowed in the house. (This is serious, I have a phobia of them)

So here's the question. Are you afraid of the Ouija Board itself? Or are you afraid of evil spirits?

As far as the physical item, your average Ouija Board is made by Hasbro and sold at Walmart, just like My Little Ponies, Transformers, and this cute lil tiger. As long as it's in the box, it's no more an occult danger than that tiger is a real tiger. (If it were, the board game section of Wal-mart, that keeps a stack of the things year-round, would be REALLY dangerous).

As far as actually USING the ouija board in the house, there are some different schools of thought on that, but the neat thing is that there are numerous tutorials on how to use one safely (some people do, in fact, say you shouldn't use them in the home at all. However, everyone I've ever personally known who uses them felt that the home was perfectly fine as long as it's been blessed and purified). For the purposes of this discussion, I found a pretty handy article specifically on places to play/not play Ouija.

I'd suggest reading up on the subject. Knowing how to protect yourself against something frightening can help to make it a little less scary. (Even if you don't believe in spirits, it can still help you feel better).

Hot weather is better than cold weather. Cold makes your fingers ache and your nose run. You can't even go for a walk without blowing your nose fifty times. Heat just makes you sweaty, which can be annoying, but it's not painful and doesn't involve snot, and is therefore the far better option.

Last edited:

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
My productivity lowers, greatly, during the summer months and improves the colder it gets.

Cool colors are better than warm colors.

Bickernicks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adeadguy.com
This statement is false.

gNqp8Ge.jpg

I have clear photographic evidence that these pair of docks, owned by John Liar is skewed and slightly larger on the RIGHT side. So the answer is "correct".

Reading "Mein Kampf" to yourself in a high pitched voice adds more gravitas.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
I never cared for Hitler's struggles.

Blueberries are not blue at all.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
wrong! when mixed into simple bread pudding, baked and then topped with vanilla custard, blueberries turn from blurple--(blue-purple) to a charming blue bird blue. in short--blueberries are blue if you know how to dress them! --s6 (backed up with years of personal experience).

bluebirds know nothing of happiness! they neither bring it nor trade in it!

Bickernicks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adeadguy.com
bluebirds know nothing of happiness! they neither bring it nor trade in it!

1v21V0I.jpg

Blue Bird Corp DOES trade on the NASDAQ...and it's nearly doubled in price the past 2 years....thus, bringing HAPPINESS to it's investors!

The Tufted titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) has no actual breasts.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure they do. They're just very tiny and it takes 300 of them to make one Chik-fil-a sandwich.

April is the cruelest month.

Aerythia

Registered
Reaction score
April the cruelest month? A time of spring flowers and pretty showers? Clearly you have never met January, when I sit in the grip of the winter, post Christmas and New Year overeating, and realise I have many cold months of work (in the gym and in the office) ahead of me until the Easter long weekend. The realisation of that in January surely makes it the cruelest month...

Hermione should have got together with Harry, not Ron!

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Hermione should have got together with Harry, not Ron!

Harry's got baggage, I'm not sure he should get together with anyone right out of Hogwarts if we're dropping truth-bombs. But Hermione, no, their friendship is based on trust and respect more than any real intense feelings for one another. I just had this conversation with some co-workers.

Hermione & Luna would be the best ship. Second best, Harry and Luna. All ships should prioritize Luna, who's wonderful and gets left out of the fun too often.

Mayonnaise is gross

Last edited:

jjdebenedictis

is watching you via her avatar
Registered
Reaction score
In the multi-verse theory of reality, it already has. And it was an enormously tasteful work of searing passion, too. Denizens of that universe will never look at combs the same way again.

There is no up-side to having a sensitive sense of smell.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Wolverine from the X-men has a sense of smell so powerful he can literally smell light waves. Wolverine is an extremely popular character, especially among 13 year old boys from the 90's.

If you want to be popular among 13 year old boys from the 90's, you must have a sensitive sense of smell. Which means you have to smell 'em, but whatever.

Modern science proves there's no chance aliens could have visited Earth. (Bwhahaha, prove me wrong):mothership:

Last edited:

Bickernicks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adeadguy.com
Modern science proves there's no chance aliens could have visited Earth

If modern science proves that we ARE living in a computer simulation, then there was nothing to visit.

3Q6gU8v.jpg

Witney Strieber never got probed by an alien.

Jennie

Registered
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Do you want me to believe that everything his alien aunt told me when I was growing up isn't true? No way.

Mona Lisa's eyes follows you wherever you are standing in the room.