my mom wrote a book called another day another challenge base on true story

poems

Registered
Reaction score
My mom wrote a book And she had it published well the publishing company got in trouble with the law. And had it shut down for good. I was wondering what publishing company do a true story?

Last edited:

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
My mom wrote a book its called [redacted]. And she had it published well the publishing company got in trouble with the law. And had it shut down for good. I was wondering what publishing company do a true story?

I'm sorry to hear your mother had such a bad experience with publishing. There are some very bad companies out there, I'm afraid. I suspect she got caught by a vanity publisher: good publishers don't charge people money when they publish them, so if she had to pay them for anything, that's what happened.

There are lots of good publishers out there but you generally need an agent to represent you, and getting an agent is difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. Very few agents or good publishers will be willing to take on a book which has already been published, even if it was only vanity published, so your mother might be better off self publishing.

Last edited:

mpack

Swooping is bad.
Registered
Reaction score
Were the rights to her book reverted? Before she tries to publish it again, she should be clear on the legal status of her book. The book in question still appears to be available for purchase on Amazon, for example.

poems

Registered
Reaction score
Yes she is selling them on amazon because people stole money from her agents so they shut it down.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Yes she is selling them on amazon because people stole money from her agents so they shut it down.

Looking at the book you've named, it was published by Tate--a notorious vanity publisher. No one stole money from them, they've exploited lots of aspiring writers, and are not good publishers.

Your mother might not have the rights to sell her own book on Amazon. She must ensure that Tate has reverted her rights to her, or she could be in legal trouble. Please advise her to be careful. This is really important.