Best Rejection Yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

glutton

Banned
Reaction score
The latest agent to read my work said she loved the plot... A bit of a relief considering that I was more than a little worried that the plot would be too "out there"- yes, this is the story of that girl who can get her internal organs wrecked by large pointy objects shoved through her body and still fight on, and beats her watch captain in wrestling when they first meet (at 15). Yah! I guess it is a pretty good cathartic/escapist tale, as it's meant to be.

I got rejected anyway, of course, on the basis of not enough characterization (don't agree, but I'll try to get more opinions) and too much tell rather than show (not sure here, will try to get more opinions again). I'm thinking maybe the short-story style writing might have been the problem for her- that is, I summarize time periods where nothing really happens, and the thing reads... fast. Oh well, I'll post it in Share Your Work and see...

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any time you get a rejection that personalized, it's a good rejection. Any time an agent you'd have been happy to have represent you tells you he or she liked your plot, but... that's a good rejection.

It sounds like you've had confirmation on some of your strengths--excellent! Now to build on them, right?

Maryn, knowing a good rejection beats a rubber stamp reading "NOT FOR US AT THIS TIME THANX"

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
A very encouraging rejection. If only more agent rejections were as helpful!

I say, trust your instincts on the rewrites. Hopefully you'll get the feedback you're looking for.

Good luck!

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! At least you know you have something that intrigues. Good luck for the next round!

FloVoyager

Will write for chocolate
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you're well on your way. Keep working. Keep submitting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.