The Wedding- Everything comes to a halt tomorrow...

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I suspect most folk will be glued to the box tomorrow. 9.00 am onwards. No chance of lunch except for sandwiches prepared already no doubt.

I honestly wish Harry and Meghan every happiness and all the best for their future.

You couldn't dream up a better finish to Volume 1 of The House of Windsor than this. Makes me wonder. Kismet? Was it all for tomorrow that the House has gone through decades of ups and downs and troubles.

Could tomorrow be the dawn of a new era for the House?

Last edited:

Elenitsa

writing as Marina Costa
Registered
Reaction score
Website
caribbeandawn1720.jcink.net
And that King Edward who was banned from the family for marrying a divorced American Mrs Simpson... would turn in his grave that Harry is doing the same and people are happy.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Four hours of live news coverage here in the US was a tad much, but I suppose filling the 24 hour cycle in the middle of the night made sense to the producers. I can't for the life of me imagine who would watch four hours of a boring wedding in the middle of the night. (My apologies to any fans that might be reading my post.)

Even with my channel surfing, only seeing a glimpse or two of the wedding, I believe I heard three times about Oprah's 'fashion emergency'.:rolleyes:

You gotta wonder how sideways pasted on hats ever evolved.

It was nice to see how bi-ethnic the wedding was.

Last edited:

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All depends upon the type of coverage. Were you also bombarded with adverts every ten minutes? We weren't.

Last edited:

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Eh. I care about as much as for the wedding of any other total stranger. I wish them happiness and then I'm about done.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My mom's been watching all the pre-wedding specials this week, so unsurprisingly, we're watching a recording of the wedding now.

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eh. I care about as much as for the wedding of any other total stranger. I wish them happiness and then I'm about done.

A hint of a flicker of a spark of charity is always uplifting.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
And that King Edward who was banned from the family for marrying a divorced American Mrs Simpson... would turn in his grave that Harry is doing the same and people are happy.

Edward was a king. Harry is a 6th spare. Big difference.

I just peeked at it. Thought it was beautiful. Now maybe things will settle down they won't be splashed all over the place.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
A hint of a flicker of a spark of charity is always uplifting.

Well, if the paparazzi doesn't fuck it up for them (a pretty big assumption I know given the history) they've got pretty good prospects. They don't need my well wishes, though they have them in the same way everyone else does.

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Edward was a king. Harry is a 6th spare. Big difference.

I just peeked at it. Thought it was beautiful. Now maybe things will settle down they won't be splashed all over the place.
I'd imagine that Edward would be pleased things have moved forwards on that front!

Maythe

Registered
Reaction score
Having posted in this thread and then had a walk back from my friends' place where there had been fire and beer and so I had the chance to ponder as I walked I realised my posts might have been taken as a bit of a downer. That wasn't my intention and I'm sorry if that was the effect. I'm glad people are enjoying this. I should have kept quiet about the fact it's not my cup of tea.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
I watched it. The ABC's royal correspondent -- former BBC correspondent Jennie Bond -- was dreadful, but the two journos (Jeremy Fernandez and Annabel Crabb) were pretty good.

Loved the Most Rev. Michael Curry's sermon, and the music, esp. the wonderful cellist, and the kids were just adorable.

The main reason I was watching was to spot a friend who'd been invited. But since she isn't Amal Clooney or Elton John, I didn't see her. (Did she the photos she took, though, and they were wonderful.)

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually in the UK this week, in London, and the vast majority seemed indifferent. I followed their lead.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I watched it. The ABC's royal correspondent -- former BBC correspondent Jennie Bond -- was dreadful, but the two journos (Jeremy Fernandez and Annabel Crabb) were pretty good.

Loved the Most Rev. Michael Curry's sermon, and the music, esp. the wonderful cellist, and the kids were just adorable.

The main reason I was watching was to spot a friend who'd been invited. But since she isn't Amal Clooney or Elton John, I didn't see her. (Did she the photos she took, though, and they were wonderful.)
I'm surprised you could tolerate the ABC's stumblef**kery. Their sound was terrible enough, but the last straw here was cutting away to some dumb prerecorded ettiquette lesson right as the groom turned up. To be fair it may have improved later, perhaps after the controller responsible for that cut was dragged out back and shot, but my crazed monarchist mother had turned over to Nine by then.

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Oh, yeah. Their OB direction was rubbish, esp. when they managed so well with much more complicated programs like Stargazing Live. I dunno who selected what to cover, but they need a kick up the backside. Absolutely no point in that stuff about how to curtsy, hold a champagne glass, and eat oysters. Or the ironic parties in Dapto or wherever.

The good bit was no one spoke over the wedding.

Bufty

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was actually in the UK this week, in London, and the vast majority seemed indifferent. I followed their lead.

Vast majority? I assume you mean of the folk you met. London has a population of over 8 million. :Shrug:

Last edited:

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Vast majority? I assume you mean of the folk you met. London has a population of over 8 million. :Shrug:

Yes, of course the vast majority of those I work with, but one might think that could extrapolate out proportionally. Else I’d have to meet all 8 million plus residents. LOL. Though my sampling could be biased - telephony geeks, programmers, and engineers are an odd bunch at times :)