Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Yesterday, another agent requested the partial to my MS (woot!) and today, while I was finishing revisions of my story, a thought struck me. Wait a minute. I sent the query to so-and-so and a different person replied with the request. Holy smokes! So, my question is, who do I address the partial to? The person I originally queried or the person who replied? I don't want to screw this up, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If the person who responded is an agent I would write to them, but make sure it isn't a person writing on behalf of the first agent?

Sonarbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
She's the assistant to the agent. So, I guess that means I address it to the agent I initially contacted, right? I'm so not used to people asking for my stuff that I guess it shows that I'm a novice. LOL.

Sonarbabe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Thanks, veinglory! Like I said, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot. ;)

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
Address it to the person who made the request. If needed they can kick it upstairs.

When looking to hire a new agent I sent my letter to the head of the agency, but a different person got back to me.

The head honcha was too busy for a new client, but one of the others in the house took me on. It worked out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.