PDA

View Full Version : Major screw up - I queried two agents at the same agency

Girlsgottawrite
04-28-2018, 08:43 PM
It was a total accident. I got a like from an agent for DVPit and was excited because he's been closed to queries for a while, and I just sent off my MS. The other agent has had my query for a month and for some stupid reason, I was thinking she was with a different agency--I've queried a lot at this point and have started to get them mixed up. I happened to be looking through my submissions today and realized my mistake.

What should I do? Write back the second agent to explain? Let it go and hope they just reject me soon?

:e2cry:

Cyia
04-28-2018, 09:15 PM
Write the DVpit agent and explain what happened. She's already shown interest in your pitch, so she might go ahead and ask Agent #1 if she's read your stuff yet. If not, or if Agent #1 has passed, then they can put you into Agent #2's queue.

It really happens all the time.

Thedrellum
04-28-2018, 09:38 PM
Seconding Cyia. Don't stress. They'll understand.

Girlsgottawrite
04-28-2018, 10:44 PM
Thanks so much for the advice!

Girlsgottawrite
04-28-2018, 11:20 PM
I wrote him. Let's see what happens. :Shrug:

novicewriter
04-29-2018, 02:17 AM
:) Hi.

I'm thirding what Cyia said. I came across two authors on Twitter who'd tweeted this exact dilemma to the second agent they'd contacted, after realizing that they'd sent their manuscript to another agent at their agency, who still had their query: The second agent said, "No problem. Thanks for letting me know. I'll just touch base with the first agent."

So, it seems that as long as you contact the second agent to let them know that another agent at their agency still has your manuscript, they won't immediately reject you based on that.

Girlsgottawrite
04-29-2018, 11:35 PM
You were right! He was super-sweet about it! Thanks so much!!!