Picnic at Hanging Rock mini-series

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
I'm not sure how I feel about this. One of the most unsettling films I've ever seen, the original Picnic at Hanging Rock remains one of my favorite horror movies (unique in the fact nothing is really shown, only implied), and Peter Weir deserves every bit of the praise he got for directing it so skilfully.

Regarding a remake--and a mini-series at that--I'm meh.

Anyone else?

http://film-book.com/picnic-hanging...ery-surrounds-disappearance-three-schoogirls/

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Foxtel's showing a "Making Of" show ... before they show the show. Which ... I don't get it? "Here, watch how we filmed all those scenes you haven't yet seen from the show we haven't yet shown."

telford

We learn by doing
Registered
Reaction score
I'll add to you meh and raise you a what the ****.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Is it going to have the book's original ending, where one of them turns into an interdimensional space crab? Because WTF is barely sufficient.

no really, look it up.

Kjbartolotta

Potentially has/is dog
Registered
Reaction score
Is it going to have the book's original ending, where one of them turns into an interdimensional space crab? Because WTF is barely sufficient.

This was my first question when I heard about the series. I mean, they can be cowards and leave it open to interpretation, but...

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
They could play it full Junji Itoesque body horror if they wanted to be bold. Think a mix of Hanging Rock and The Enigma of Amigara Fault, which are pretty alike. Is there a subgenre of geological horror?