Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonicks

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I've won a twitter giveaway. The agent contacted me and told me I will get the critique within 2-3 weeks. It's been 3 weeks now and I haven't gotten a response. What should I do? Should I nudge? It's a giveaway and the agent doesn't owe me anything, but I was really expecting to get a critique from a professional. Why say you're giving a critique and never actually mail back to that person? This is so mean! :-(
What should I do/say?
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

JJ Crafts

Registered
Reaction score
Did you email him and he hasn't replied with the critique or have you not sent him anything yet?

Nonicks

Banned
Reaction score
I emailed her my first pages and query the moment she contacted me and told me I won. After that, she replied and told me I'll get the critique in 2-3 weeks.

Then for how long should I wait?

Kats

Registered
Reaction score
I would just assume they're behind and wait a couple of weeks before following up.

ETA: I won a competition for an agent critique and followed up with the competition organizer (the comp was run through them with work being sent to them before being sent to the agents) when I didn't get the critique after a few months. I never ended up getting the critique - it happens! I assume it was because the agent was busy and it got overlooked rather than it being mean-spirited (the comp was for charity).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.