• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Happy Self Publishing

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Apologies if this one is covered in another thread.

I got a review request from a friend of a friend, and because I am a joyless cynical person when it comes to publishing, I researched the prospective 'publisher' involved.

http://happyselfpublishing.com/

The founder appears to have other businesses in self-help, life coaching, and whatnot. http://jyotsnaramachandran.com/

I notice that Happy Self Publishing seems to lure authors on two fronts: expensive author coaching and co-writing packages, and publishing packages.

Anyone here deal with them, and is this in any way *not* a vanity press?

The author will be trying to crowdfund the costs

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Oh wow...

AUTHOR ANGEL
Investment : $4500

• Get your book written by one of our amazing angel writers! It is the perfect solution for people who have an important message to share through their book but do not have the time to do so.
I guess "angel writers" sounds more adorable and glittery than ghostwriters?

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Christ on a fucking cracker.

One of our experienced book coach handholds you through the complete writing process.

You identify your target readers, list down their needs, desires & problems and choose a book topic that would be a solution. You then brainstorm ideas/concepts under this topic, structure them into chapters and write your book’s first draft on your own.

If you have been procrastinating your book project for a long time, you may need the support of a professional book coach to help you get the clarity and focus to finish writing your book.

Once you approve, the formatted file and book cover, we are ready to hit the publish button!

I dunno whether these are confessions or a lack of understanding of apostrophe use:

We are a one-stop destination for online publishing, thereby saving our client’s time.

We offer our services at competitive rates, thereby saving our client’s money.

I enjoy how all their prices are "investments."

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be some sort of congratulations to everybody who've decided to take on the venture of going the self-pub route and wondered why it was in this section of the boards.

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
I just looked at the mess under her own name -- she says she's a HomeEntrepreneur TM.

I just checked. That's not trademarked. What a fool.

audibob1

Registered
Reaction score
I just visited their website and was accosted with a pop-up for a Happy Self Publishing e-book, an ad for the Happy Self Publishing Webinar, and a web chat with a Happy Publishing representative.

audibob1

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and for a whopping $2499 you can "invest" in getting your book in the bestseller rank. (?!)

cornflake

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, the joke way -- someplace on one of the big advice things it says to come up with lots of rando categories for your book, so that you can hopefully game the system in such a way that you are, for moments, an "international bestselling author" on Amazon, of like 'adult-->self-help-->possession-->loch ness--->others--->baby nessie--->the future of posnession(TM)

Those were invented by me, but I don't doubt she'd yank them, so I should probably...

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I knew I should have trademarked "posnession"!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But they're easily justified since they are investments, after all. Gotta spend money if you wanna make money!

:sarcasm