PDA

View Full Version : Any Private Pilots in the house?

Popeyesays
05-16-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm doing some research for a new project about World War One aviation called "Blood on the Sun". It deals with a single Scout squadron on the Arras front during "Bloody April" of 1917.

I only have a little stick time myself - nowhere near a license. Are there any pilots amongst us who might answer some basic questions about what flying "feels" like - control response, throttle lags, etc., etc., Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Scott

alleycat
05-17-2006, 12:40 AM
Well, I was a private pilot (I've since let my license lapse). However, I wouldn't know a thing about flying a WWI plane.

By the way, have you ever read Flight to Arras by de St. Exupery? It's about his experiences in WWII before, during and after a recon mission to Arras.

ac

Popeyesays
05-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Well, I was a private pilot (I've since let my license lapse). However, I wouldn't know a thing about flying a WWI plane.

By the way, have you ever read Flight to Arras by de St. Exupery? It's about his experiences in WWII before, during and after a recon mission to Arras.

ac

I have read it. Did you know they finally discovered his aircraft that was lost at sea? They identified the aircraft by serial numbers and it truly was his.

Regards,
Scott