Any Private Pilots in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing some research for a new project about World War One aviation called "Blood on the Sun". It deals with a single Scout squadron on the Arras front during "Bloody April" of 1917.

I only have a little stick time myself - nowhere near a license. Are there any pilots amongst us who might answer some basic questions about what flying "feels" like - control response, throttle lags, etc., etc., Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Scott

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I was a private pilot (I've since let my license lapse). However, I wouldn't know a thing about flying a WWI plane.

By the way, have you ever read Flight to Arras by de St. Exupery? It's about his experiences in WWII before, during and after a recon mission to Arras.

ac

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
alleycat said:
Well, I was a private pilot (I've since let my license lapse). However, I wouldn't know a thing about flying a WWI plane.

By the way, have you ever read Flight to Arras by de St. Exupery? It's about his experiences in WWII before, during and after a recon mission to Arras.

ac

I have read it. Did you know they finally discovered his aircraft that was lost at sea? They identified the aircraft by serial numbers and it truly was his.

Regards,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.