Why I am as a writer an outsider?

Phoenix_Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Community,

Do or did you know this? People often say I am crazy just because I have a vivid fantasy. My classmates, for example, doesn’t want to deal with me because I am like a scale between fantasy and realism. Or because I every time ask in the German lesson how can I write it better. What’s so wrong to improve my skills? And realism because I say you can be a writer more probably than famous actress or a famous rapper. I also talk a lot. But why I am an outsider? Just because I found my way and want to share my knowledge? The best thing: They do accept a lazy, arrogant guy more than a polite girl who has writing as hobby.
Do you know situation like this? Or did it?

Bye,
Phoenix_Writer

Helix

socially distancing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
snailseyeview.medium.com
Hello Community,

Do or did you know this? People often say I am crazy just because I have a vivid fantasy. My classmates, for example, doesn’t want to deal with me because I am like a scale between fantasy and realism. Or because I every time ask in the German lesson how can I write it better. What’s so wrong to improve my skills? And realism because I say you can be a writer more probably than famous actress or a famous rapper. I also talk a lot. But why I am an outsider? Just because I found my way and want to share my knowledge? The best thing: They do accept a lazy, arrogant guy more than a polite girl who has writing as hobby.
Do you know situation like this? Or did it?

Bye,
Phoenix_Writer

I'd suggest that the outsider here is the polite girl rather than the lazy, arrogant guy.

godzillachild

Registered
Reaction score
Unfortunately that is pretty standard behavior from a lot of people when you tell them you want to be creative. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. You're doing the right thing by reaching out to other writers.

rgroberts

Registered
Reaction score
This described me in high school really well until I took a Creative Writing elective. There I found the other polite and quiet nerds who wanted to write, and I was in heaven. College was much the same, because most of the boisterous folks that I went to school with (it's a military college) just aren't the creative types. To be honest, I've made far more writing friends online than I have in person, and boy am I grateful for them.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
IMO, writers by nature are observers of life as well as participants of the same. Simultaneously: we notice everything, memorise it all, and still manage to take a role. And that role involves being in the exact centre of everything we observe and take part in. So essentially, we included but at the same time, we are outsiders.